Jameis Winston arrested for shoplifting crab legs at Publix

danb

All-SEC
Dec 4, 2011
Hazel Green, AL
I don't know if it's been previously mentioned, but last night on the Matt and Scott show on Jox they interviewed a guy who covers FSU.

He said basically JW walked out of the store with the crab legs and the store employees saw it.....(have you ever bought a couple #'s of crab legs...no way in hell to "forget" you didn't pay for a $36 item that's cumbersome and bulky)

Seeing how everyone down there knew who he was, they waited to see if he was gonna come back and pay for them. After it was obvious he wasn't coming back, they went to his residence to confront him. When he was cold busted, that's when the "I forgot to pay" story came about.

They also talked about the Burger King incident when he asked for a free water cup and then got a soda instead (yes...very petty..but theft is theft and helps establish a pattern of behavior). They also talked about a BB gun war he had with friends where multiple windows were shot out (I believe he said 18 or more). When we were kids and had a BB gun battle, we were directing fire at each other (stupid as it was). His situation sounded like they were out shooting out windows being thuggish vandals and then got caught. Then it was downplayed as just kids being kids you know. Heck it's normal for 19-20 year olds to go out and destroy a few thousand dollars of property of others.

Then of course the rape allegation.

Any Cracker Jack detective could piece together JW's history of behavior and destroy the "just kids being kids" defense..........If they would.

danb

All-SEC
Dec 4, 2011
Hazel Green, AL
To add to my above post;

He also said the suspension from the baseball team will probably only last until JW completes his 20hrs of community service. He also speculated that there would be no punishment levied from the football dept.

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
Another case of a recruit we lost that turned out to be more trouble than he's worth. Being young ? Shoot, 5 year olds know you don;t take things that don;t belong to you.

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.
How in the world did albarn miss out on this recruit? Jameis Winston has au star qb wrote all over him. I think maybe Jimbo will see the light and realize that winston will destroy his team and be rid of him very soon, albarn is prolly already in touch with him. FSU losing Coker and winston may be devastating.

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
Yet even more proof that we should be paying College Players -- I mean ..... he's the freaking Heisman winner -- give the man some Crab Legs Man.....

That's crazy -- that in 2014 that a man can't walk into a Publix, steal some Crab Legs -- and not get in trouble for it.....

Jesse and Al need to hightail their butts down to Tallahassee and fix this now

:rolleyes:
blue font I'm fairly sure right? :)

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
What an embarrassment to FSU. I'm sure we'll hear from Jameis next season how he learned his lesson and became a better man. Would you rather have a guy like this and occasionally win NCs? or would you rather continue to do things the way we do and win NCs? I think CNS's record with the athletes speak for itself. We do get the occasional criminal but the good coach has usually gotten rid of them immediately after confirming. At the very least, Jimbo needs to put this kid through some tests before allowing him to come back to the team (assuming he gets kicked off for a bit) but I guarantee that won't even happen. And the one who suffers the most down the road? some innocent victim and Jameis Winston. Very glad he's not on our team.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I don't want to read 9 pages. Can somebody who has kept up with this thread and this saga give me a quick summary with what follows the fact that apparently JW is not so smart and shops at Publixs.

im4uainva

All-SEC
Jul 3, 2011
Charlottesville, Va
What an embarrassment to FSU. I'm sure we'll hear from Jameis next season how he learned his lesson and became a better man. Would you rather have a guy like this and occasionally win NCs? or would you rather continue to do things the way we do and win NCs? I think CNS's record with the athletes speak for itself. We do get the occasional criminal but the good coach has usually gotten rid of them immediately after confirming. At the very least, Jimbo needs to put this kid through some tests before allowing him to come back to the team (assuming he gets kicked off for a bit) but I guarantee that won't even happen. And the one who suffers the most down the road? some innocent victim and Jameis Winston. Very glad he's not on our team.
I just feel that fsu is on the verge of becoming the *u of the ACC...all in. Whatever, whoever, and however it takes to win. Nothing else matters.

Roll Tide!

im4uainva

All-SEC
Jul 3, 2011
Charlottesville, Va
I don't want to read 9 pages. Can somebody who has kept up with this thread and this saga give me a quick summary with what follows the fact that apparently JW is not so smart and shops at Publixs.

Hi Moon, do yourself a favor and scan over the previous nine pages...the images alone will bring a smile to your face.

Roll Tide!

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
But did the crab legs consent?
Yes they wanted the video from Chris Casher before he deleted it from his phone when he videotaped the "alleged incident". Now we'll never know for sure.

I've come to realize before this but now this really confirms it, Jameis Winston is an idiot. Pure and simple. Glad we didn't get all this "great pub"

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I think Spurrier would have shamed Winston and FSU so bad for this case, he'd admit that he was guilty of all prior allegations to save himself from being a punchline in more OBC jokes.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
HAHA..I just seen this posted from an article published last year, and obviously, there was indications Jameis was mesmerized with Crabs then & should have taken actions to protect the innocent victims at all Public Stores..Dude is doing the "Crab" in this image..Look at the the obvious sideways walk..We should have seen this coming y'all & we did nothing to protect Mr Crabs..LOL

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.