Jameis Winston arrested for shoplifting crab legs at Publix

CrimsonChuck

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 1999
Philadelphia, PA
And then there are the times that the actual news is funnier than any news that you could make up. :biggrin2: Not very kosher of you, Jameis. :biggrin:

And this says it all...

The timing of the arrest is interesting given that the NCAA recently approved unlimited meals for student athletes.

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com
I grew up not too far from where Jamis comes from. All my friends back home said they "heard" what a great kid he was, really had his head on straight. I'm starting to wonder what passes for character in Bessemer/Hueytown, or is it just a case where everybody was blinded by the light of his celebrity and didn't see the fact that he was just another street punk who happened to be able to throw an accurate pass.

The most disturbing thing of all is that he CAN, and HAS gotten away with things and stealing is no different. Somebody will always make this stuff go away until one day he finally goes too far. I love football but I hate what we have turned these players into.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
For the record, this is the second incident we are aware of in which he stole food. Given that not everyone calls the cop every time someone steals something small, it must be a habit of his.

You know, like how he's intimate with a woman and all the sudden bruises show up on them (and the fact that he's traumatized more than one woman). Guy has more than one bad habit...

mark4tide

1st Team
Mar 7, 2005
Hoover, AL
You know how it is.......since the NCAA is involved these guys go to bed every night hungry. He just wanted some food so he would not starve. Just ask Shabazz Napier. I guess the meal plan is not included in their scholarship.

Capt. Jack

Suspended
Jun 20, 2006
You can take the boy out of the ghetto, but you'll never take the ghetto out of the boy.

I guess some people can't handle the truth...

Last edited:

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Just don't be surprised when this guy is involved in a Ray Lewis or O.J. Simpson or Rae Carruth type of deal. The enabling has brought us here and the enabling will take us straight to a life sentence.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
It seems like the Heisman bunch ought to rethink how they go about deciding who the best college player is. Maybe they could quit ignoring the "good character" aspect of who they pick.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.