Jameis Winston arrested for shoplifting crab legs at Publix

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
He needs an intervention and some support from people who care about him as a person and not just a meal ticket. As long as he remains just a meal ticket to a lot of people, there will be every effort made to clean up after his insane antics and sweep them under the rug. I wonder if he really has even one person in his life who really cares about Jameis, the person. I hope he does. I fear not...

oregonbltzkrieg

1st Team
Sep 17, 2013
Ducks at Warp Speed
He seems like a guy that needs attention, whether that attention is good or bad. Kind of like the comments he made about how he 'carried the whole team on his back' after the BCS game. It's ok if other people say that about you, but it's in bad taste to say things like that yourself. Shoplifting crab legs? LOL. Not exactly easy to stuff those in your back pocket and walk out of a store undetected. It was probably a publicity stunt concocted to keep his face in the newspapers and on television, by him or by someone else. It's not like the bad publicity about Cam stealing laptops hurt his reputation or marketability in the long run. I guess for guys like this, the old Hollywood adage that no publicity is bad publicity (however repulsive that concept may be) rings true.

OreBama

All-American
Sep 26, 2005
Portland, OR
Actually I commend him. I mean, he IS the face and representation of everything that is FSU. You have to admit, he's doing an exemplary job of that! Although the coaches MIGHT come out lightly "condemning" this, we all know that behind the scenes they are all high fiving him saying "That was GREAT! Keep it up superstar, you are doing FANTASTIC!!"
That totally reminded me of this:

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed
Winston contant makes me appreciate guys like AJ McCarron and Tim Tebow a lot me. Those two did not have to act like a buffoon while their teams attempted (and in AJ's case, actually accomplished) to repeat. I really hope FSU fails to make the playoffs.

BamaDMD

Hall of Fame
Sep 10, 2007
Rainsville Al
With all the intense scrutiny that the NFL is undergoing at this moment with image and behavior, me thinks this could could put a damper on jw's draft ability. Why would you want to take a huge risk on someone right out of the gate who doesn't seem to learn from his mistakes.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
"The local press did its part to comply with the vital mission of Clemson preparation Tuesday by failing to ask Fisher about Jameis' grandstanding joke earlier in the day. According to an athletic department spokesman, the topic never came up when the head coach met with reporters after practice.

There is, after all, a title to defend. Far less important is how many people Jameis Winston offends during that title defense."

Bingo.

He's a disgusting human being.

im4uainva

All-SEC
Jul 3, 2011
Charlottesville, Va
He seems like a guy that needs attention, whether that attention is good or bad. Kind of like the comments he made about how he 'carried the whole team on his back' after the BCS game. It's ok if other people say that about you, but it's in bad taste to say things like that yourself. Shoplifting crab legs? LOL. Not exactly easy to stuff those in your back pocket and walk out of a store undetected. It was probably a publicity stunt concocted to keep his face in the newspapers and on television, by him or by someone else. It's not like the bad publicity about Cam stealing laptops hurt his reputation or marketability in the long run. I guess for guys like this, the old Hollywood adage that no publicity is bad publicity (however repulsive that concept may be) rings true.
You may be right, but I will have to respectfully disagree. IMHO, his actions are purely from a sense of a nurtured ego of 'ASE'...'Athletic Stardom Entitlement.' He may be a 'Character', but he doesn't display any evidence of possessing any.
I, like many others, am glad he did not choose to come to Bama.

Roll Tide!

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
With all the intense scrutiny that the NFL is undergoing at this moment with image and behavior, me thinks this could could put a damper on jw's draft ability. Why would you want to take a huge risk on someone right out of the gate who doesn't seem to learn from his mistakes.
I'm not so sure it would make any difference in Winston's case. Clearly, the FSU police force forgot all protocols when Winston was accused of rape and pooh poohed the allegation, refusing to take it seriously and investigate it. I have no idea what the truth to the matter is, but I do know the university and Tallahassee police force closed ranks around Winston and never investigated the incident properly.

TiderMan

All-SEC
Feb 5, 2005
Moody, AL.
I will piggyback on your comments and say that with all of the stuff going on in the NFL and the black eye that several organizations and the NFL has taken over the last week, it would be in FSU's best interest, Jimbo Fisher's best interest, and the ACC's best interest to just suspend Jameis indefinitely or just flat out expel him from school. If he does something like this again or even something worse, people are going to lose their jobs because they failed to act sooner. FSU may lose some games this year if he is suspended but they will be better off in the future for doing this. He is an embarrassment to FSU, the football team, and their fans.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
There was a big discussion about this on JOX Morning Drive this morning.

One caller said he thinks he knows what Gus or CNS would do. Will Jimbo?

Pikabo Street called in and had some great comments...said he needs the ultimate discipline right now to save his soul/life.

I think the the FSU AD or President should make that call ASAP.

What an embarressment!

Heisman Trust should be saying/doing something too. This is their chance to possibly restore some integrity to that award.

Last edited:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Jimbo said today they are deciding what punishment Winston will get for his actions. How serious is he? Who knows. Vegas is taking it serious to the point they have taken the game off the books.

Harmost

All-American
Sep 19, 2005
I've seen comments from some NFL higher ups along these lines, i.e. claiming there will be increased scrutinization of players' character (Pete Carroll is one such character devotee, lol). Sounds more like this is just a sentiment to which good public relations demands pittance.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Imagine being Jimbo and getting that phone call from an assistant or whoever. "Jimbo, guess what he did now...."

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I don't know how it is possible for FSU admin to let him on the field without some disciplinary action that involves game time punishment.

The snowball effect of this continual poor judgment has to be dealt with and in light of the NFL stuff and everybody's dander stirred up, I don't know how any school could allow him to take the field right now.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.