Alabama Coaching Change

pchil86

3rd Team
Feb 16, 2014
It never hurts to have a former head coach on your staff....sounds like a good hire but we'll see if it translates to the court

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
It appears he is an offensive coach who runs a motion offense which the coach at Western Michigan called organized motion chaos. When run correctly his offense has constant movement with the 4 players without the ball moving and setting screens the entire time which leads to defensive breakdowns and easy shots. Lets hope CAG lets him install the system and leaves him alone because we have the type of players who should be able to flourish in the system he ran at UB.

pchil86

3rd Team
Feb 16, 2014
It appears he is an offensive coach who runs a motion offense which the coach at Western Michigan called organized motion chaos. When run correctly his offense has constant movement with the 4 players without the ball moving and setting screens the entire time which leads to defensive breakdowns and easy shots. Lets hope CAG lets him install the system and leaves him alone because we have the type of players who should be able to flourish in the system he ran at UB.
I would hope that's why he brought him aboard.....I at least give grant kudos for making a coaching change....he seems like a really loyal guy and pujols has been with him since vcu

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
I would hope that's why he brought him aboard.....I at least give grant kudos for making a coaching change....he seems like a really loyal guy and pujols has been with him since vcu
Wonder if when he and Battle met the reason he stayed was Battle told him Pujols had to go and more importantly, an offensive mind had to come in to run the offense. Excited to see what our players can do in a motion offense! I can see some easy baskets by Levi, Hale and Taylor. If we can develop a can't miss gunner from 3 the offense could be down right scary.

pchil86

3rd Team
Feb 16, 2014
Wonder if when he and Battle met the reason he stayed was Battle told him Pujols had to go and more importantly, an offensive mind had to come in to run the offense. Excited to see what our players can do in a motion offense! I can see some easy baskets by Levi, Hale and Taylor. If we can develop a can't miss gunner from 3 the offense could be down right scary.
I think devin mitchell could be that can't miss gunner from 3...I've seen some of his highlights and he has really good range

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Love your enthusiasm but let's try to start playing basic fundamental basketball before we worry about becoming scary. Box out, rebound, good ball movement, make layups etc

BamaMTA06

All-SEC
Sep 9, 2007
I didn't know who to expect to get the job when I first heard the rumor Pujol would be let go. I hope this is a move for the better.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I think lot of blame was placed on Grant but no one realized that it was Pujol system that got them in the mess. It is a good hire but expect few twists between now and then. He might allow them to run up tempo offense.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
This seems like a good hire. Hopefully he will come in and make a positive impact in recruiting, player development, and our offense. I've been as down on CAG as anyone but with the changes made in personnel (players and coaches) hopefully he is turning the ship around.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Yep I think the writing was on the wall for Pujol. Didn't he try to leave or quit before? I remember some rumors or something about him a few years ago I think...

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
I think lot of blame was placed on Grant but no one realized that it was Pujol system that got them in the mess. It is a good hire but expect few twists between now and then. He might allow them to run up tempo offense.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Who is the head coach? If Pujol was the problem then CAG should have let him go a long time ago. The blame lies with the person in charge.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.