Depth Chart For Beginning of Season

Tiderollin32

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2012
Do you mean Black is Cooper's backup and Foster is Jones'? We've tended to use WRs based on a particular position rather than just the best overall WRs.
Yes that is what I meant. Thanks for pointing that out RTR91!

I'm not sure Dominic Jackson plays on the left side. He's played on the right his entire career. He might pass Arie at LG, though.
Yeah I was unsure about this as well but figured just for positions of need he might fit the bill with all his athleticism.

Pretty sure Devall and Dickson are fighting for the starting Jack spot. Ragland and Depriest look to have the middle locked up with Lee possibly starting at Sam or playing any LB position depending on the formation.

I was thinking this same thing. For some reason though I saw where Dickson and Devall were on the field at the same time during A-day. Maybe that was just because Lee filled out the roster on the 2nd squad though. Thanks for all the insight RTR91! RTR!

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
Do you mean Black is Cooper's backup and Foster is Jones'? We've tended to use WRs based on a particular position rather than just the best overall WRs.
Yes that is what I meant. Thanks for pointing that out RTR91!

I'm not sure Dominic Jackson plays on the left side. He's played on the right his entire career. He might pass Arie at LG, though.
Yeah I was unsure about this as well but figured just for positions of need he might fit the bill with all his athleticism.

Pretty sure Devall and Dickson are fighting for the starting Jack spot. Ragland and Depriest look to have the middle locked up with Lee possibly starting at Sam or playing any LB position depending on the formation.

I was thinking this same thing. For some reason though I saw where Dickson and Devall were on the field at the same time during A-day. Maybe that was just because Lee filled out the roster on the 2nd squad though. Thanks for all the insight RTR91! RTR!
You did see them on at the same time. When Lee got pushed over to the second team after getting in trouble again, the moved Devall over to SAM. Our 'best four' is probably Lee at Sam and Devall at Jack with ragland and TD in the middle, but Lee has to prove he's not going to keep messing up first

BigBama76

Suspended
Oct 26, 2011
Atlanta, GA
I'm not sold on Arie at left guard. I re-watched the AU opening drive where we went through them like a knife through butter till we got around the 20 with a 3rd and 2. On that play, which we didn't make, Cyrus had opened a hole at left tackle but Yeldon got tripped up because Arie was knocked on his butt 3 yards into the backfield.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Is this your opinion or have you heard something from somebody in the program?
My opinion. My gut feeling is either Bateman or Morris transfer before the fall. Bateman would want a chance to start somewhere and Morris too....The writing is on the wall. CORNWELL is very good but need a year in kiffin system.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
My opinion. My gut feeling is either Bateman or Morris transfer before the fall. Bateman would want a chance to start somewhere and Morris too....The writing is on the wall. CORNWELL is very good but need a year in kiffin system.

What about McLeod? He's the one with the smallest chance to play. I see him transferring before Cooper.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
What about McLeod? He's the one with the smallest chance to play. I see him transferring before Cooper.
Career backup at Alabama. I don't think he's going anywhere. He never had a chance from the start. If he wanted to transfer, last year was perfect time.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Career backup at Alabama. I don't think he's going anywhere. He never had a chance from the start. If he wanted to transfer, last year was perfect time.

Why would he transfer last year when he was in a redshirt year? If last year was the perfect time, he may as well not have signed his LOI or enrolled last January.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
People have done that.... but I see your point. Coker may be here for two years.... is Bateman, Morris or Cornwell take the job next year...doubt it. So why not?

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Guys,

I really feel like Dominick Jackson .is coming to Alabama better prepared than most of his 2014 classmates.. He’s very dominating man in the games, and He’ll need to develop chemistry fast and quick with his OL .this summer and in the fall.. I think he can do it. He’s very good on his feet... Let’s not forget that he played tackle and guard during his Junior college career .and based on what I have seen… I really think he’ll be competing for left tackle and right guard this fall. .Arie’s job is not in danger at this moment. .His performance left something to be desired for at times, but remember, do not use the last season to hold it against Arie... The whole line struggled at times.. RBs struggled, so did CB and DL as well.. There wasn’t chemistry last year and expect everyone on OL and DL to be much better.. So, don’t single Arie out.. He doesn’t deserve that criticism right now, because It’s not just him.. When you have negative atmosphere on the team, it can truly affect your performance as a player... Arie have done great job this spring and was dominating in practices... The Spring Game, you can’t hold it against them because they went very vanilla. on both side, and both knew what was going on all the time... SO this is what I’m going to do:

Final Prediction:.. Cam Robinson will not be starting on OL .this year unless someone gets hurt.. If so, Grant Hill is most likely to fill in for any spots on OL..

LT
1st String Dominick Jackson .LT...... Arie Kouandjio. LG.... Ryan Kelly. C.. Leon Brown RG.. .Austin Shepard RT ..

Backup to get valuable playing time:. Grant Hill and .Cam Robinson ..( will be much better later in the season )

Yup, That is my opinion and I’m basing it on what I’ve seen in past.. Very Rare that a JUCO comes in and not start right away.. ( Leon Brown is an exception)

As far as QB: We didn’t expect Del Rio to transfer, because he would’ve been the one competing for a job with Coker.. IF ...I also say that Bateman and Morris will transfer, because both have great shot to start somewhere, and if they were going to transfer .to get a shot.. next year.. they might as well go and do it now, because they’ll have to sit a year….. .I’ll be very surprised to see six QBs on the fall roster.. because in spring, If we sign another QB.. that’s. a huge mess for any coaches..

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Guys,

I really feel like Dominick Jackson .is coming to Alabama better prepared than most of his 2014 classmates.. He’s very dominating man in the games, and He’ll need to develop chemistry fast and quick with his OL .this summer and in the fall.. I think he can do it. He’s very good on his feet... Let’s not forget that he played tackle and guard during his Junior college career .and based on what I have seen… I really think he’ll be competing for left tackle and right guard this fall. .Arie’s job is not in danger at this moment. .His performance left something to be desired for at times, but remember, do not use the last season to hold it against Arie... The whole line struggled at times.. RBs struggled, so did CB and DL as well.. There wasn’t chemistry last year and expect everyone on OL and DL to be much better.. So, don’t single Arie out.. He doesn’t deserve that criticism right now, because It’s not just him.. When you have negative atmosphere on the team, it can truly affect your performance as a player... Arie have done great job this spring and was dominating in practices... The Spring Game, you can’t hold it against them because they went very vanilla. on both side, and both knew what was going on all the time... SO this is what I’m going to do:

Final Prediction:.. Cam Robinson will not be starting on OL .this year unless someone gets hurt.. If so, Grant Hill is most likely to fill in for any spots on OL..

LT
1st String Dominick Jackson .LT...... Arie Kouandjio. LG.... Ryan Kelly. C.. Leon Brown RG.. .Austin Shepard RT ..

Backup to get valuable playing time:. Grant Hill and .Cam Robinson ..( will be much better later in the season )

Yup, That is my opinion and I’m basing it on what I’ve seen in past.. Very Rare that a JUCO comes in and not start right away.. ( Leon Brown is an exception)

As far as QB: We didn’t expect Del Rio to transfer, because he would’ve been the one competing for a job with Coker.. IF ...I also say that Bateman and Morris will transfer, because both have great shot to start somewhere, and if they were going to transfer .to get a shot.. next year.. they might as well go and do it now, because they’ll have to sit a year….. .I’ll be very surprised to see six QBs on the fall roster.. because in spring, If we sign another QB.. that’s. a huge mess for any coaches..

JMO, but I think you have possibly over-evaluated Morris' potential to play qb, even at another school.

With Bateman, yeah I think he has good potential, but I still think if Cornwell was 100% he may already be equal to or slighly ahead of Bateman, because of his physical specs and arm.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
JMO, but I think you have possibly over-evaluated Morris' potential to play qb, even at another school.

With Bateman, yeah I think he has good potential, but I still think if Cornwell was 100% he may already be equal to or slighly ahead of Bateman, because of his physical specs and arm.
I respect that but I'm not over evaluating Morris. He can probably play somewhere ..maybe at lower division.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I respect that but I'm not over evaluating Morris. He can probably play somewhere ..maybe at lower division.

That's what someone on here at speculated a while back; that he might transfer to a lower division, which IIRC, would allow him to play immediately.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Alec Morris only other offer was Wake Forest. That's who he was committed to when he switched to us. He was our backup plan.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.