Link: Alabama to add walk-on QB?

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Exactly..Who knows when a kid that makes the team, even if it's just the scout team, can earn a spot on the team should he impress the coaches during practice..There's many many many stories about exactly like this, when a scout team members earns a spot on the main roster, with hard work & sheer determination & I hope this kid adds his story to those already out there..
Why even point that out? The kid wants a chance to walk on instead of giving up football. Good for him.

tide power fan

All-SEC
Nov 26, 2011
Originally Posted by 230kv_barehand
I'm not saying this kid sucks, but he has no shot at helping us on the field in terms of playing time.
If you never try you shall never know,

bamahippie

All-SEC
Apr 8, 2000
Cullman, AL
Reading that article, he hadn't 100% decided yet. If he happens to hop onto this thread, and read some of the, um, comments, he may not come here. And I wouldn't blame him. He already acknowledged the odds, so why even hint at kicking him before he even starts? I don't get it. Just wish him well, or don't comment. Good grief...

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds
Reading that article, he hadn't 100% decided yet. If he happens to hop onto this thread, and read some of the, um, comments, he may not come here. And I wouldn't blame him. He already acknowledged the odds, so why even hint at kicking him before he even starts? I don't get it. Just wish him well, or don't comment. Good grief...
+ 1

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
You don't know that. He could be a scout team QB for the defense during practice this year. Those guys need quality players to play against during practice.
LMAO I never said he wouldn't help us, I simply said he would never start. Some of y'all are quick behind the trigger this week.

And yes I could have worded the post better.

Last edited:

HITIDE

1st Team
Jul 6, 2003
TRINITY, AL., USA
LMAO I never said he wouldn't help us, I simply said he would never start. Some of y'all are quick behind the trigger this week.

And yes I could have worded the post better.
Maybe you should read your own post again.

"I'm not saying this kid sucks, but he has no shot at helping us on the field in terms of playing time."

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Maybe you should read your own post again.

"I'm not saying this kid sucks, but he has no shot at helping us on the field in terms of playing time."
Keep reading. Don't just read what you want. I'm done diluting this thread down, I've already explained the screw up and am done with it.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.