Well I just had a nice experience. My dinner was free!

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
Buffalo Wild Wings is new in Decatur so after work I had to go to Decatur. I stopped in there for takeout. I placed my order, and I paid with a gift card. I was told 10-15 minutes so I told the lady I was going to Academy next door and that I would be back. I got back around 15 minutes later, and I went in and stood at the takeout counter. It was crazy busy so I just kept standing there waiting. I kept seeing one of the girls looking to see if mine was ready. She finally came over to ask me what I had ordered since this was a different girl than who took my order. I stood there waiting for like 25 minutes or so when I saw the girl hunting someone. It took her a few minutes, but she finally found who I assume was a manger or something.

This other girl asked if I was Jessica, and I said yes. She started apologizing that my order was never turned in, and that no one should ever have to wait that long for their order. She said I'm going to refund your total amount. I kept saying you don't have to do that. It's not a problem, etc. but she refunded my total to my gift card anyway.

I thought that was really nice of them when they didn't have to do such a thing. BTW, their buffalo chips are very tasty.

I will have to pay it forward to someone now. :)

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
They have logistics problems sometimes over here also. It's not unusual for me to phone in an order, when Liz is going to be in the area to pick it up. She gets there and no one ever heard of the order, so this doesn't surprise me at all...

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
I never received a receipt while all the other people I saw ordering did. Don't know if that had anything to do with it or not.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Never had an issue at BWW - one of the few chains I will eat. The only waits I've had are in Tuscaloosa after a game ends, but that's completely understandable as roughly 98%* of those in BDS end up at BWW after the game.

* not a scientifically derived number

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
Having worked restaurants and having been hungry and ignored, I sympathize with both sides. :smile:
I kept saying to myself please be good, please be good. It was nice and hot and fresh so it was worth the wait I suppose. :)

A nice, unexpected blessing for the day.

alabama mike1

All-American
Jul 12, 2013
Ohio
Glad things worked out for you at B-Dubs! New places will usually go out of their way to make things right because the last thing they want is bad publicity. I always get half Carribean Jerk (a little warm) and Asian Zing (sweet).

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
Sounds par for the course to me at BWW. We had to stop going during lunch break at work. An hour plus lunch for 12 wings in an almost empty restaurant was a little too much.

Last edited:

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture
reminds me of a couple different encounters at BWW..Once in Tuscaloosa i ordered and didnt receive it until about an hour later at which point everyone with me was done and we were on our way out. They actually tried to force me to pay even though we were leaving..Another time in Operlika i actually was given my meal free when the same thing happened as the OP

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Never had the pleasure of dining there....I'm not big on eating out.

Take out for Chinese or Mexican and sometimes Italian.

I was going to give this place a try - there's one in Daytona - so I just looked it up online and you should see all the negative reviews....wow.....it must be part of the corporate culture to irritate customers!

But I'm glad they comped your meal, Jessica. :)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.