Jeremy Clarkson (Top Gear) in trouble - fired - signs new deal with Amazon Prime

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
Many minority racists say this very thing - that it's impossible for minorities to be racist. And they cite a common definition for the word as proof: that racism must come from a position of power over others, and since minorities aren't in a position of power over others, they can't possibly be racist.

Thank goodness. I was worried Samir Shabazz might want to kill my creepy cracker butt.
Ha, minorities have never ruled over majorities at any time in history.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Re: Jeremy Clarkson (Top Gear) in trouble

Lawrence Davies, director of Equal Justice, said: “Clarkson claimed he ‘did everything in my power to make sure that that version did not appear in the program that was transmitted’ … The obvious thing that any non-racist would have done is to not use the rhyme at all or failing that to simply substitute another word such as ‘tiger’ in the take. There was never any need to mumble the N-word repeatedly.”
Clarkson did not use the word and mumbled instead. Mr. Davies' logic is that, he must have been thinking the offensive word, because if he had been thinking "tiger" he would have just said it. Thus, because he did not actually say the word, now he must be crushed and the show must be blocked.
Apparently, if the show is not blocked, racists will watch with glee knowing that Clarkson once thought a certain word that did not appear on any show, and racists will find affirmation for their racist beliefs in seeing on the tellie a bloke who once might have thought a racist word in a non-racial context.
Interesting logic, Mr. Davies.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Re: Jeremy Clarkson (Top Gear) in trouble

Fired.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/03/25/world/uk-bbc-jeremy-clarkson/index.html

I hope Clarkson, May and Hammond start their own show. I suspect they will.

And good grief, the guy wen to the ER for a busted lip? What a flipping pansy...
This was head and shoulders the most popular show on BBC. The BBC just left a bunch of money on the table. Somebody is sure to pick it up.
There might be some advantages to doing that show on the BBC (maybe the quasi-governmental nature of the BBC gives them access to defunct RAF airfields they race around?), but I'd bet the show will continue in some other venue. I'd be shocked if this was it.

And yeah, ER for a busted lip? Surrender your man card.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.