EPL Champion to be crowned May 11th.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
Fingers crossed that Manchester City continue their winning ways after a decisive, but nail biting finish to their game away to Everton on Saturday. City won 3 - 2 but unfortunately Sergio Aguero limped off after scoring their first goal with a possible groin strain. Poor Sergio has had an injury-filled season with calf strain, groin strain, and other muscle related problems. This is his 3rd season with Man City and he had been basically injury free the first two. Hope this is just an anomaly as he is an exciting player to watch. He will be playing for Argentina in the World Cup along side Leonard Messi. Sergio and Messi are really exciting to watch.

Up until today there were two other teams in contention. Liverpool, who plays on Monday, and Chelsea who play an uninspiring, defensive brand of soccer and was basically eliminated from Championship contention with a 0 - 0 draw at home against relegation threatened Norwich.

If City and Liverpool win their two remaining games, City will win the EPL with a superior goal difference which is 9 goals better than Liverpool.

Next Sunday, the NBC networks will be showing all 10 EPL games simultaneously. Here's hoping the Cardiac-Citizens will not place us all on oxygen and heart medicine on the way to winning the EPL like they did in 2012. Check out City on their web page: mcfc.co.uk

Last edited:

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
So, May 5th was an interesting day since Liverpool blew a 3 - 0 lead with 10 minutes left in the game. Imagine that, your team is coasting and then the other team scores 3 quick goals. I know it was devastating for the Liverpool players but it was good news for the blue side of Manchester. Hopefully, now that City only have to get 4 points out of 6 over the final two games that they don't do something daft and allow Aston Villa or West Ham to beat them. Aston Villa actually beat City earlier in the year when City's away record was nothing to write home about.

Manchester United kick off at 3 p.m. (Eastern) and what we hope is another embarrassing loss. City play Aston Villa on Wednesday, May 7, again with a 3 pm Eastern kick off on NBC Sports Channel. NBC also carries all EPL games free on the computer. A wonderful service to EPL and soccer fans all over the world.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
So City played their game in hand tonight in typical Manchester weather of driving rain with temperatures normally associated with February.

It was a tough first half with Aston Villa (Birmingham, England) "parking two buses" in front of their goal so City could easily have become frustrated confronting 10, sometimes 11, men in the penalty box. Once City had scored the opening goal through a brilliant pass from David Silva to Pablo Zabaleta who shot the ball to Edin Dzeko who slotted the ball home. From then Aston Villa "moved their parked buses" and started playing the game how it should be played. This allowed City to score 3 more times and ended up with a winning score of 4 - 0.

There is one more game starting at 10:00 a.m. Sunday. City at home will be on the main NBC network v. West Ham (London) while Liverpool, second in the table, play Newcastle at Anfield, and will be on NBCSN. Chelsea is mathematically out of the EPL championship race. The only way Liverpool wins now is if City lose v. West Ham. If City win or draw, City wins the EPL because they have a +13 goal difference over Liverpool.

Last edited:

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
CITY ARE CHAMPIONS OF THE EPL!!!!

Thankfully City did not cause any angina today and beat West Ham easily in winning the EPL by two points over Liverpool who had faltered in the last few games.

Now for the World Cup in a month followed by City in America in July!!! Is this football heaven or what?

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
The final entry for the 2013 - 2014 season. City just completed a magnificent parade in an open top double decker bus through the center of Manchester attended by as 100,000+ fans. The weather, fortunately, was un-Manchester like in that there was brilliant blue sky and sunshine. It was a fitting end to a tough, 10-month season. Go to YouTube or mcfc.uk.co and click on CityTV to see the parade.

Tonight the team fly off to Abu Dhabi to meet up with the owner, Sheikh Mansour, and play a celebratory game there. From there the players will have a couple of days off before meeting up with their respective World Cup teams. Gotta to go with Argentina as my favorite. England, sad to say, may get out of the group round as they are not in a strong group, but that is about as far as they will go.

major tidefan

All-American
Jul 3, 2006
Boaz,AL
I'm a Man United fan,so i'm just glad the season from hell is over.I had rather see City win the league than the scousers.24 years and counting.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
I'm a Man United fan,so i'm just glad the season from hell is over.I had rather see City win the league than the scousers.24 years and counting.
It's really great being from the blue side of Manchester right now. City has been the red headed step child to the Rags ie United for so long that it is refreshing to whup 'em home and away each season. United need a complete makeover particularly in the defense. They need at least six new players to compete with City. At least we both love the best College football team.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.