News Article: Marvin Constant's Book

MarvinConstant

Apr 27, 2014
Hello I'm Marvin Constant University of Alabama All-SEC linebacker 1998-00. I have a book out The Unraveling of a Man Who Bleeds Crimson http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0615963285 . I am on a mission to shed light on the issue of athletes and our battles with depression when we can no longer play the games we love. I can only do so much alone, I need and I'm expecting the help of anyone that understands depression and its effects. For many years following my injury my life was a living HE**, and I had no direction. At a time when I needed people the most I found myself alone, and making some of the worst decisions of my life. I wrote this book in the hopes that it will be helpful to people that are experiencing depression, or other issues in their life. This is an issue that no one can tackle alone no matter how big and strong you are, I learned this from my own personal experience.

This book may be very helpful to you, or someone you know!!!

Last edited:

MarvinConstant

Apr 27, 2014
It is a subject that has been very personal for me, and I hope really hope people support the project. I opened up about my most personal feelings, emotions, and just how bad my life really was following my injury. I just hope someone finds the book to be useful.

MarvinConstant

Apr 27, 2014
That was a very rough day! They say everything happens for a reason, but I have to figure out the reason for my injury.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
That was a very rough day! They say everything happens for a reason, but I have to figure out the reason for my injury.
I had a somewhat similar scenario that ended my college athletic career Marvin. After the injury I was depressed for a couple of years, gained a lot of weight and had a hard time studying or working. Thank goodness my family and friends got me back on track. I will check out the book. On another note, you were a great player that I enjoyed watching. Good luck and Roll Tide

MarvinConstant

Apr 27, 2014
Thanks and there are so many people out there like us. I really hope this book can be used as a tool to get many lives back on track. I only speak the truth about what was going on in my life and I really hope people take interest in it. It is a really great book!!!

CrimsonblakeII

Scout Team
Feb 19, 2012
Seattle, WA
GL with the new book and I hope things are better for you now. I remember that wonderful...yet completely dreadful play all too well. I had a good view from the MDB section.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
Here's a review of the book up on the Tuscaloosa website:

http://www.tuscaloosanews.com/article/20140211/NEWS/140219921?p=1&tc=pg

I'm going to quote a little to let the young Bama fans know how good he was and how he gave his all for the team.

That was until Nov. 6, 1999. The Crimson Tide was leading 23-17, but LSU had the ball near the 1-yard line, and there was time for one last play. Playing from the shotgun, Tigers quarterback Josh Booty rolled right and leaped toward the end zone from about three yards out. Constant, a redshirt freshman, and cornerback Reggie Myles zeroed in and stopped Booty just inches from the goal line. They saved the day for Alabama, but, for Constant, the moment was bittersweet.
Marvin, one thing age has taught me is life is often not fair, you've handled what you were dealt in a way for all Bama fans to be proud of.

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
I'm so glad you're on Tidefans and I intend to buy your book. I remember that play so well thinking that you gave your all on that play, not knowing the true extent of your injury until later. I'm a firm believer that everything in our lives happen for a reason. We may never know that reason, but I'm sure suffering through the depression and being able to talk about it to others, will help others conquer their battles.

I'm proud of you for sharing your life and I pray it will help others find the way out.

Last edited:

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
If you ask me, it seems you have succeeded both on and off the field in life. Thank you for sharing your story. You are often remembered by many of us for your imposing physical presence, excellence in play, your pluck, your grit, your great attitude in the face of adversity. I'm happy to know that has carried over to your personal life. I hope I am not out of line when I say that we are all proud to call you one of our own. I look forward to reading the book.

tmv85

All-SEC
As soon as I heard about your book, I ordered it. I haven't had a chance to read it yet ( summer reading!) but I'm very much interested in reading about your experience.

I was practically directly in front of the play, and I knew immediately that something wasn't right. While everyone else around me was jumping around, my focus was on you lying there on the field. You are a player I will never forget.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
Hello I'm Marvin Constant University of Alabama All-SEC linebacker 1998-00. I have a book out The Unraveling of a Man Who Bleeds Crimson http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0615963285 . I am on a mission to shed light on the issue of athletes and our battles with depression when we can no longer play the games we love. I can only do so much alone, I need and I'm expecting the help of anyone that understands depression and its effects. For many years following my injury my life was a living HE**, and I had no direction. At a time when I needed people the most I found myself alone, and making some of the worst decisions of my life. I wrote this book in the hopes that it will be helpful to people that are experiencing depression, or other issues in their life. This is an issue that no one can tackle alone no matter how big and strong you are, I learned this from my own personal experience.

This book may be very helpful to you, or someone you know!!!
Thanks for this resource. It can be a help for anyone who suffers from depression. I'll def buy a copy and use it in my ministry. Will there be an electronic version ? (i.e., kindle, iBooks, etc.).

MarvinConstant

Apr 27, 2014
Thank you and yes I learned a lot from my injury. I just hope all of the lessons I learned can serve as a road map to others going through what I did.

MarvinConstant

Apr 27, 2014
I happy that you think highly of me. It took me a very long time to think of myself in the same way that others think of me.

MarvinConstant

Apr 27, 2014
Thank you and I really hope that people take the time to read it because I really did put my heart into it. I want it to be a tool that people can lean on in their time of need. I know that what I went through was for some reason, and I am finally begin to understand why.

MarvinConstant

Apr 27, 2014
Thank you and right now it's only in paperback. It is a powerful story of all of the things I went through, and how hard it was for me to move forward with my life after losing the thing I felt I was born to do.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.