Let's Pick The First Ten Draft Picks

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
I guess technically this would fall under pro sports, but since it's off season and since we need something to get our minds off the Iron Bowl epic thread in progress lol , hopefully the mods will let it fly. Here's the first ten teams to pick.
Who do you think they'll take?

1. Houston Texans
2. St. Louis Rams (from Washington Redskins)
3. Jacksonville Jaguars
4. Cleveland Browns
5. Oakland Raiders
6. Atlanta Falcons
7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
8. Minnesota Vikings
9. Buffalo Bills
10. Detroit Lions

I'll go--

Houston--Jadaveon Clowney-DE-South Carolina
St' Louis--Jake Matthews-OT-Texas A@M
Jacksonville-Sammy Watkins-WR-Clemson
Cleveland-Junior Bridgewater-QB-Louisville
Oakland-Khalil Mack-LB-Buffalo
Atlanta-Greald Robinson-OT-Auburn
Tampa Bay-Mike Evans-WR-Texas A@M
Minnesota Vikings--Blake Bortles-QB--Central Florida
Buffalo Bills--C.J. Mosely--LB--Alabama
Detroit Lions--Darqueze Dennard--CB--Michigan State

What do you other GM's think?

sip

alwayshavebeen

All-SEC
Sep 22, 2013
North Carolina
Haven't had time to look at all the mocks, etc. But just on the surface I think Johnny goes in the top 10 and Robinson will go higher. The entire draft may change as teams trade up/down.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
1. . . .Houston – Mack
2. . . .Rams- Robinson
3. . . .Jageurs- CLowney
4. . . .Browns- Watkins
5. . . .Raider- Matthews
6. . . .Falcon- Robinson
7. . . .Buccaneers- Evans
8. . . .Viking- Carr
9. . . .Bills-Ebron
10. . . Lions- Lee
Okay, Johnny Football is rumored to be sliding down to late 1st round. .In almost all mock round.. he goes in between 10 to second round at most. .AJ can slip in late first round as well. . Out of all QBs, Bortles, Carr and AJ are the hottest candidates at this moment. .Teddy BridgeWater is going in late round as well. .I keep hearing Mack will be picked ahead of Clowney .Bridgewater is not going to Cleveland… They’re not ideal for QBs like him. . So in another word, .Haha, Mosley, Cyrus can be gone before 1st round. .AJ may slip in early. .Raider is hard to guess at this point.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

DWiser

1st Team
Sep 21, 2003
Columbus, MS
I'll go with...

1. Houston Texans - Jadaveon Clowney -DE- South Carolina
2. St. Louis Rams - Greg Robinson -OT- Aubrun
3. Jacksonville Jaguars - Sammy Watkins -WR- Clemson
4. Cleveland Browns - Johnny Manziel -QB- Texas A&M
5. Oakland Raiders - Khalil Mack -LB- Buffalo
6. Atlanta Falcons - Jake Matthews -OT- Texas A&M
7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Mike Evans -WR- Texas A&M
8. Minnesota Vikings - Blake Bortles -QB- Central Florida
9. Buffalo Bills - Taylor Lewan - OT - Michigan
10. Detroit Lions - Eric Ebron - TE - North Carolina

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
1. . . .Houston – Mack
2. . . .Rams- Robinson
3. . . .Jageurs- CLowney
4. . . .Browns- Watkins
5. . . .Raider- Matthews
6. . . .Falcon- Robinson
7. . . .Buccaneers- Evans
8. . . .Viking- Carr
9. . . .Bills-Ebron
10. . . Lions- Lee
Okay, Johnny Football is rumored to be sliding down to late 1st round. .In almost all mock round.. he goes in between 10 to second round at most. .AJ can slip in late first round as well. . Out of all QBs, Bortles, Carr and AJ are the hottest candidates at this moment. .Teddy BridgeWater is going in late round as well. .I keep hearing Mack will be picked ahead of Clowney .Bridgewater is not going to Cleveland… They’re not ideal for QBs like him. . So in another word, .Haha, Mosley, Cyrus can be gone before 1st round. .AJ may slip in early. .Raider is hard to guess at this point.

I could see Carr being the first QB picked

alwayshavebeen

All-SEC
Sep 22, 2013
North Carolina
I'll go with...

1. Houston Texans - Jadaveon Clowney -DE- South Carolina
2. St. Louis Rams - Greg Robinson -OT- Aubrun
3. Jacksonville Jaguars - Sammy Watkins -WR- Clemson
4. Cleveland Browns - Johnny Manziel -QB- Texas A&M
5. Oakland Raiders - Khalil Mack -LB- Buffalo
6. Atlanta Falcons - Jake Matthews -OT- Texas A&M
7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Mike Evans -WR- Texas A&M
8. Minnesota Vikings - Blake Bortles -QB- Central Florida
9. Buffalo Bills - Taylor Lewan - OT - Michigan
10. Detroit Lions - Eric Ebron - TE - North Carolina
That's pretty close to what I think. Any more rumors of the Falcons going all out to get Clowney?

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
That's pretty close to what I think. Any more rumors of the Falcons going all out to get Clowney?
I have heard the rumor. I don't know if it is local sports "experts" or just dumb fans. If it is true, I am done as a Falcons fan. They need players in the draft not trading away all of their picks for one guy.

TideWatcher

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2006
newton county, ms
Can't see Manziel dropping past 7; Robinson is almost certain in top 3 picks. Clowney is going one. Mack is a good player, but don't see anyway he goes over Clowney. Hope Mosely and HA HA go off the board in top 20. In my opinion someone is going to get a steal in Matthews from Vandy if he slides to the 2nd as some are projecting. Falcons would be crazy to give up a lot to go get Clowney. He is all world talent, but I don't trust him once he gets his money. Could be wrong of course.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Can't see Manziel dropping past 7; Robinson is almost certain in top 3 picks. Clowney is going one. Mack is a good player, but don't see anyway he goes over Clowney. Hope Mosely and HA HA go off the board in top 20. In my opinion someone is going to get a steal in Matthews from Vandy if he slides to the 2nd as some are projecting. Falcons would be crazy to give up a lot to go get Clowney. He is all world talent, but I don't trust him once he gets his money. Could be wrong of course.
I don't see how Houston can pass on Clowney, but who knows. Stranger things have happened.
But surely they know, if they have Clowney at one DE and Watt at the other, that their defense is going to scare opposing QB's to death.
The reason I picked picked Bridgewater to Cleveland is because they like him, because Louisville is just across the river, and it's it's a great PR pick if they consider he and JF equal as QB's.
Honestly, I expect a bunch of trades and positioning in the first round, so who who knows for sure.
The one trade that would not surprise me at all is Buffalo trading up to draft Khalil Mack, "from Buffalo"!
They need linebackers, which is why I chose them to pick C.J., but they'd love to have Mack.
sip

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
I have heard the rumor. I don't know if it is local sports "experts" or just dumb fans. If it is true, I am done as a Falcons fan. They need players in the draft not trading away all of their picks for one guy.
Atlanta needs offensive linemen badly. I can't imagine them trading away a draft for one defensive guy. That would indeed be dumb.

alwayshavebeen

All-SEC
Sep 22, 2013
North Carolina
I think the Texans have an opportunity to pull off a huge coup by picking Johnny #1. 1965 comes to mind when the Jets picked Joe and the rest is history. I mean..there would have never been a Broadway Joe if he went anywhere else. The marketing of Johnny Football in Texas would be off the charts, and I really think if we could read his mind Jerry Jones sees this but probably doesn't have a chance to pull it off and has to stay committed to Romo. The problem of course is that Johnny could flop, get hurt, who knows...but as the GM I wouldn't think twice especially since Clowney could possibly be a bust as well.

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville
I think the Texans have an opportunity to pull off a huge coup by picking Johnny #1. 1965 comes to mind when the Jets picked Joe and the rest is history. I mean..there would have never been a Broadway Joe if he went anywhere else. The marketing of Johnny Football in Texas would be off the charts, and I really think if we could read his mind Jerry Jones sees this but probably doesn't have a chance to pull it off and has to stay committed to Romo. The problem of course is that Johnny could flop, get hurt, who knows...but as the GM I wouldn't think twice especially since Clowney could possibly be a bust as well.

If it was just a marketing scheme, they would pick Manziel. Unfortunately, they need to win football games too. I can't pick because I'm pretty sure there will be some trading going on.
I just hope Bama can place most of our players. Would love to see Deion Belue, Cody Mandell, and a few other fence riders get drafted.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I can't see him going early.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I guess technically this would fall under pro sports, but since it's off season and since we need something to get our minds off the Iron Bowl epic thread in progress lol , hopefully the mods will let it fly. Here's the first ten teams to pick.
Who do you think they'll take?

1. Houston Texans
2. St. Louis Rams (from Washington Redskins)
3. Jacksonville Jaguars
4. Cleveland Browns
5. Oakland Raiders
6. Atlanta Falcons
7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
8. Minnesota Vikings
9. Buffalo Bills
10. Detroit Lions

I'll go--

Houston--Jadaveon Clowney-DE-South Carolina
St' Louis--Jake Matthews-OT-Texas A@M
Jacksonville-Sammy Watkins-WR-Clemson
Cleveland-Junior Bridgewater-QB-Louisville
Oakland-Khalil Mack-LB-Buffalo
Atlanta-Greald Robinson-OT-Auburn
Tampa Bay-Mike Evans-WR-Texas A@M
Minnesota Vikings--Blake Bortles-QB--Central Florida
Buffalo Bills--C.J. Mosely--LB--Alabama
Detroit Lions--Darqueze Dennard--CB--Michigan State

What do you other GM's think?

sip

No norwood in your top ten??? I'm just ribbing you. Had to do it. He's done well for himself leading up to it. He'll end up getting drafted a lot higher than I thought he would. I've seen him in several mock 2nd and 3rd rounds.

Dec 15, 2000
Shellman Georgia
Atlanta needs offensive linemen badly. I can't imagine them trading away a draft for one defensive guy. That would indeed be dumb.
I agree with you, and anyone who watched that offense last year will too. But Atlanta is not the sharpest tool in the shed, and I could see them making a big trade for Clowney.

Tidewatcher...I agree 100%. I can easily see Clowney being an NFL bust based on his attitude alone. He has all the talent in the world to be a future HOFer...but I can just as easily see him being a Ryan Leif (sp?) type of bust. One only has to look at the on and off the field problems he had last year at USCe.

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture
atlanta needs help on the offensive line but they need help on the defensive line and lb badly as well. I think they could get a good offensive lineman in the 2nd round. i'd draft Barr or Mack with the 1st round pick. They have so many holes in the trenches on both sides.

IGetBuckets

Suspended
Jan 13, 2014
I could never take Clowney #1

This is a guy that pretty much tanked his last college season - what will he do when he finally "Gets Paid"?

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.