CSNNE Reports Patriots Likely Drafting Ha Ha Clinton Dix

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
From my brother the news producer (who monitors all the NE stations):

CSNNE reporting Pats may draft the man with the best name in all of sports - Bama S Ha Ha Clinton-Dix.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
In terms of organization fit and need this is feasible, given that the Patriots are perpetually in need of even passable defensive backs to try to shore up their annually porous pass defense.

Issue here is going to be whether or not Clinton-Dix falls that far. My intuition is that he doesn't fall to 29th, but barring an individual outlier it doesn't seem like teams in general are particularly high on this safety class, so it wouldn't be a shock to see Clinton-Dix be around somewhere in the 20s, even if he is still the first safety off the board. I don't think that gets him to the Patriots, but it may put them in a position where they can trade up to get him without surrendering a great deal.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
I have a hard time seeing Ha-Ha getting out of the top 10-12 picks.
I think the bounty of offensive linemen, defensive linemen, and linebackers available may push HaHa back down a little.
Nothing against his talent, which is awesome, but normally the corners go before the safeties, so I could see him falling to anywhere from 15-30.

tidefanbeezer

All-American
Sep 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA
On the one hand, it be cool to see him play with Hightower and have a shot at a championship most years. And NE definitely needs the help.

On the other hand, I agree with most everyone else here that unless NE trades up, no way is Ha-Ha available after the 12-15 pick range.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
I think the bounty of offensive linemen, defensive linemen, and linebackers available may push HaHa back down a little.
Nothing against his talent, which is awesome, but normally the corners go before the safeties, so I could see him falling to anywhere from 15-30.
That is basically the issue. Clinton-Dix is not one of the elite picks -- i.e. Clowney, Robinson, Mack, etc. -- and a lot of other guys are going to be taken before he has a strong chance of coming off the board. At the very least, he'll have to wait on Watkins, Evans, Matthews, Lewin, Martin, Manziel, and Gilbert to be taken, and probably even some guys like Beckham, Donald, Dennard, Fuller, and a couple of others.

Obviously I hope he goes as high as possible -- both for his personal sake and our sake as a program -- but I think it's a real stretch to see him somewhere in the first 10-12 picks. Harsh reality is still that safety is a relatively undervalued position in the NFL, and for all of his talent and strengths, the NFL community at large doesn't appear to consider Clinton-Dix on the same level as a guy like Eric Berry, Earl Thomas, or Mark Barron, such that he justifies a selection at a spot higher than safeties typically go in the first round.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
After Christian Ponder and EJ Manual got drafted where they did there's no telling where Ha-Ha will go. Where and how the tv "experts" have these guys rated and where the actual teams do in many cases aren't even close. So the player rankings we see are from tv people. They aren't from the actual teams themselves. I watched the 2004 draft revisited on NFL Network last night and it was amazing that 10 years later you can look back and see how off the tv analyst were. It's amazing Kiper, McShay and people who get paid to be an "expert" on this stuff can keep their jobs after being wrong most of the time.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I'd be kinda surprised if HaHa isn't the first Bama player taken, I'm thinking mid-first round at the latest.
I've got some guys coming over tonight for ribeyes, baked potatoes, salad, pies and beer. We're bringing our own draft predictions and I've got the Lions taking Ha-Ha at 10. The other three guys have in between 10-15th pick.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I've got some guys coming over tonight for ribeyes, baked potatoes, salad, pies and beer. We're bringing our own draft predictions and I've got the Lions taking Ha-Ha at 10. The other three guys have in between 10-15th pick.
Dang, dude, thanks for the invite...

Yah, if he goes lower than 15th, I'll be surprised. that said, I think Mosely will probably go mid-first round as well.

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
I agree with most of that and could possibly see Ha Ha falling out of the top 15. But, I'd be completely shocked if he's still available at 29. Things can get weird in the draft, though.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
We're trying to watch our weight. You know "I'll take a triple stacked Whopper meal, upsize it with a diet coke please." :biggrin2:
I saw a rather large woman at the convenience store the other day. She bought a snickers bar, a pack of Reeses Cups, a bag of potato chips, and a diet coke lol. If I'm lyin I'm dyin!!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.