Ford Just Absolutely Destroyed Cadillac’s Ad Praising Rich Guys Who Work All The Time

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Never been a Ford guy, but never much cared for caddy's either...as for the ads themselves, well, I think it's obvious which one appeals to the most people. Whether that translates into more sales is another issue entirely. Seems to be more like the rich kid in HS being a snob and rubbing everyone's nose in it, and the street-wise struggler shoving it up where his sun don't shine.

bamachile

Hall of Fame
Jul 27, 2007
Oakdale, Louisiana
Although I generally consider electric car owners on the same high strata of eco-snobbery as vegans, bike-to-workers, and carbon footprinters, that was a devastating counter-punch. Not that I have any sympathy, Caddy's have been overrated since at least the 60's.

Kind of ironic, though, isn't it. Government Motors has the ultra-capitalist ad, while non-TARP Ford puts on an anti-capitalist spin.

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
I can't afford a Caddy any time soon, but I'll go with his perspective.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
call me weird but I like both add's and both cars
I'm not a car person at all. I really can't tell one from another and a car to me is a way to get from Point A to Point B.

That being said, I also like both ads. They appeal well to their target audience.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
meh. I hate both Fords and caddy's so I really don't give a damn either way. Plus they are hybrids and if you are a man a drive a hybrid, hand over your mancard right now.

Last edited:

BamaSC

All-SEC
Oct 17, 1999
Chapin, SC
I haven't bought one in over 20 years, and don't intend to buy an "American" car any time soon. That said, I identify more with the Cadillac ad, but I also kind of like the Ford ad. Working hard and enjoying the fruits of your labor is great, but it's also great to look at new ways of recycling old stuff into new, useful products. Kudos to both, even though I'll never purchase their products.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.