Jan 13, 2014
Looks like he is difficult to stop.

I bet Anthony Grant is up to the task though

Last edited:

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
I hope he chunks up the ball, we have some many afraid to do it or Grant has the kobash on them. Varidel has no reason to hold back IMO, what does he have to lose?

I hope he is very aggressive, I miss the days of folks like Grizzard. He might have cost us a few games but when he was hot not many could stop us.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Nice piece on Christophe. Click here

Second best in FGCU history and first as a Division-I player in 3-point attempts, conversions and accuracy, Varidel will provide much-needed outside shooting for the Crimson Tide, for whom he'll be on scholarship next season as a fifth-year graduate student.

His signing has not been officially announced yet by Alabama.

"I'll be a shooter probably coming off the bench," Varidel said. "I'll do pretty much what I did at FGCU, maybe be used more coming off screens to stretch the defense. Because if I get open, it's going in."

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
That explains why he wasn't on the roster. I still like this move.
This is def a good pick up. BEST case scenario he comes in and shoots the lights out as a Marshall Henderson type, providing instant offense. Even if he is just a 6th or 7th man brought in to space the floor and give a real three point threat, it is a win. Heck, even the worst case he comes in, adds nothing, and is gone within a year. So, it's a low risk high reward move that could pay big dividends.

BamaMike05

All-American
Jul 4, 2009
Huntsville, Alabama, United States
This is def a good pick up. BEST case scenario he comes in and shoots the lights out as a Marshall Henderson type, providing instant offense. Even if he is just a 6th or 7th man brought in to space the floor and give a real three point threat, it is a win. Heck, even the worst case he comes in, adds nothing, and is gone within a year. So, it's a low risk high reward move that could pay big dividends.
Excellent post!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
If Varidel doesn't do well, the super-CAG-haters will take this and say he should have given the scholarship to a player with more than one year.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
If Varidel doesn't do well, the super-CAG-haters will take this and say he should have given the scholarship to a player with more than one year.
They will find something to say no matter HOW things go. It will either be a recruiting, a development, an offense, a scheduling, a venue, or an attitude problem. Super-CAG-haters are going to hate him until he is gone, unless he makes a run to the elite 8. Then they'll be looking for the next chance to hate him again.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.