A J goes to Cincy in 5th round

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I don't see Hubbard getting drafted. I do see him getting signed as UFA.
I never understood the fascination with Hubbard other than his measurables. Did he ever make a meaningful play or have a dominant game against anyone. Idk I just see him as an average player in our defense.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
I never understood the fascination with Hubbard other than his measurables. Did he ever make a meaningful play or have a dominant game against anyone. Idk I just see him as an average player in our defense.
i believe he tipped the UGA pass at the end of the SEC title game. He may not have been a superstar, but he started a lot of games for us and played through a lot of injuries.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
So, Bengal is saying there is no compeitition for the QB job for this year, and I think we all knew that anyway. I defintely see this a opportunity to take Dalton's job next year though.

bamanix

1st Team
Mar 24, 2010
Re: A J -When & where do you think he will go?

all this nonsense about him being arrogant, not involved enough in show and tell events, is a smokescreen. like some have said, Thomas and savage ahead of aj. I really believe as greedy as the pro ranks are, they would draft anyone, that has proven their talent and value to their team. I think the sec has been singled out with their qb play. manziel was put in his place, and he was the consummate scrabbling qb. great performance with no defense. aaron murray big numbers for 4 years, but, not good enoughfor the pros. mettenberger, being raved about, and then he was slapped down for supposedly using enhanced performance medicine in his healing process. now to aj. I firmly believe, that any qb that is in the pro style offense, where the rush game counts as much as the passing game will be punished. bama is one of a few teams that play old school, and wins with it. Alabama has been labeled as qb game manager program. our qbs are only good enough according the great evaluators to carry clipboards and be asst coaches on sideline. I don't think that will change any time soon. the pros is all about scoring points, with qbs that can move the ball up and down the field. the running back is now just a minor necessity in the pros, why because of score morepoints with the pass. look at the draft, when have you ever seen so many receivers, and def backs selected. you can add off linemen to protect the passing qbs to score more. I still prefer to watch a football game that utilizes all positions.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
Didn't Greg play on the practice squad with them. I wonder if he can give some insight to AJ about his time there..even though it was pretty short.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
He tackled the Auburn QB on a fourth down play that should have clinched the Iron Bowl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.