A J goes to Cincy in 5th round

Status
Not open for further replies.

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
Re: A J -When & where do you think he will go?

McShay just listed McCarron as one of his 3 steals in the draft. He suspects the Texans will take him in round 4.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL

I didn't realize the Senior Bowl was that important. The Falcons could be a good spot for AJ. Matt Ryan doesn't have a proven backup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture

he'll be drafted. I personally saw him as a 3rd-4th round pick..i'd only be shocked if he fell to the 5th round. at this point, if he goes to a contender it still would be a great opportunity for him to sit and learn

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001

AJ liked the attention reporters were giving him, he was happy to accommodate them with quotes that would make a good headline...

But they weren't there to do him any favors. I would bet AJ was warned by the staff to watch what he said leading up to the draft, that seems like it would be standard advice for any player. But AJ's independent streak kept him talking. His speculation that he might go in the first round comes to mind.

I'm encouraged others point out he may can do better trying out for a team after the draft ends, that might work out for the best for him. I heard on the radio the other day Kenny Stabler rode the bench his first five years into the pros. I think AJ might blossom under that kind of low pressure development. Good luck to him.

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama

Adam Schefter just dropped a dime on AJ. Noted that talk around the league was the rubbed scouts the wrong way and didn't like the way he talked about others.

But he sooooo right about those younger players on his team last year.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football

Adam Schefter just dropped a dime on AJ. Noted that talk around the league was the rubbed scouts the wrong way and didn't like the way he talked about others.

If true, WOW!!!

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA

I heard on the radio the other day Kenny Stabler rode the bench his first five years into the pros.
Stabler and Blanda sat on the bench and smoked cigarettes while watching Daryl Lamonica. They put out their smokes before they went in the game, though

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

I think we all saw a glimpse of that during that situation between he and Barrett at the end of the ND game. Still not sure how that situation escalated like it did when the NC was so well in hand. When you put the pieces together it looks like it was AJ's ego. Haven't heard any bad talk about Barrett or his attitude at all.

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham

Stabler and Blanda sat on the bench and smoked cigarettes while watching Daryl Lamonica. They put out their smokes before they went in the game, though
The Mad Bomber was a fun guy to watch play. Even if he was a Golden Domer.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009

I didn't realize the Senior Bowl was that important. The Falcons could be a good spot for AJ. Matt Ryan doesn't have a proven backup.

Scouts from every NFL team are there, as well as all (or almost all) of the NFL coaches. They get to see these guys up close and personal, practicing real time. Ask Joe Flacco how important the SB was to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.