A J goes to Cincy in 5th round

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
Re: A J -When & where do you think he will go?

Looks like it was a mistake on their online draft tracker. Then people reported it on twitter...ugh like a Pageant blunder calling the wrong name. Come on ESPN.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama

The Draftcast online had the Ravens picking A.J. then said they didn't......lol

I think him talking about the players, the reality show, no Senior Bowl finally caught up to him.

bamanut_aj

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2000
Spring Hill, TN

Savage, the worst QB in the draft, got taken ahead of AJ? Yikes....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tide64

All-SEC
Sep 26, 2004

How does a pick that was never made get on to the front page of espn.com?? Are they drunk or asleep over there? :wink:

bamanut_aj

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2000
Spring Hill, TN

Don't know much about Thomas. I just know that if Savage went ahead of you, that ain't good

bama_at_uab

1st Team
Mar 6, 2006
Birmingham

The problem with being a late round pick is that economically it's hard to even get a chance in the NFL. Say you're a late round pick and actually make the team, well a couple of years down the line your salary would automatically go up so the team has a choice - they've already invested a lot of money in their franchise QB and you're not replacing him (unless there is injury or something else) so it makes more sense for them to just let you go and draft another or pick up a free agent. Sometimes it doesn't even really matter if you're actually a good player you won't have the opportunity to show it because financially it makes more sense just to cut you and pick up a younger player in the draft or on free-agency. Now that's not saying it can't happen, but it's rare and it's a lot harder to even get a chance to start a career being drafted in the 5th round or later

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama

Don't know much about Thomas. I just know that if Savage went ahead of you, that ain't good

According to most Thomas had no ceiling in the NFL, maybe as a TE instead of a QB. That's how bad it got for him, then he goes before McCarron, Murray, Mett, and Savage. This has been one "weird" draft for sure.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama

hopefully this is AJ's wake-up call.
I agree.

Also a teaching point for Saban to his players now. He can give them the resources to show and develop their talent...but it is up to them to use it correctly and determine their future.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama

He might not be picked now, hearing Detroit could be picking their backup of the future coming up but if they don't he might not get picked at all. Murray and Mettenberger are worried now too. Have to be.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007

hopefully this is AJ's wake-up call.
King, a wake up call from what? The NFL is the most mercenary of sports leagues. If they think you can play, they'll gamble on your character almost every time. lots of folks skipTTYe Senior Bowl and do right well on Draft Day! And AJ's yakking, though out of character for an Alabama player, wasn't exactly scandalous. You have a QB whom Saban raves about, who made the others around him better. Could it be that so many teams didn't like how he came across in interviews or don't think he can play?

You have to wonder if some GMs were turned off by the notion of a clipboard carrier with his own reality show.

Last edited:

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

Doubt it - he'll probably be all "I'M GONNA PROVE THE HATERS WRONG" or whatever.
Yea I get so tired of hearing about that. Seems like every player says "I have a chip on my shoulder." One of those cliché sayings that gets run into the ground. AJ abuses it badly. People should be self motivated and want to be the best they can be. Someone else motivating you is not sustainable. /rant over lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.