A J goes to Cincy in 5th round

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
Re: A J -When & where do you think he will go?

Wtg Ed stinson! Pick 160

@BamaProUpdates: Ed Stinson to Cardinals with 160th overall pick (5th round).

Last edited:

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa

As good as Brady has become if it weren't for a freak injury he would still be a backup today. It took things outside his control falling in place for him to make it. The odds are severely stacked against AJ now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Brady wouldn't be a back-up, he would be out of the league. Brady needs to thank Drew Bledsoe for not sliding.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001

I thought it was a bad sign when the story was in the news that AJ's girlfriend had publically endorsed some political candidate. She looks good in a bathing suit but why that would qualify a 22 year old to give advice as to how to vote...

If you have an inflated opinion about yourself, it's easy to say the wrong thing.

At the risk of being accused of making excuses, I'm gonna blame his "Im really good, a potential first rounder" mentality on his barner girlfriend. :)

The reality show piling on was just the opposite of being something good or helpful for AJ's career.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

It's almost all about potential. People wondering why Logan Thomas was taken before AJ, its because if LT reaches half his potential he will be better than AJ could be at his full potential. That's what the draft is about. Find players with ridiculous upside and coach them up and hope they develop. Not saying that always work, ex Jamarcus Russell.

TouchThatThang

All-SEC
Feb 8, 2014

That doesn't add up when you can say the same (or worse) about Manziel. These factors could explain the difference between round 1 and (say) 4, but not between Round 1 and whenever (if ever) he goes now.
Manziel accepts that he has a lot to improve and comes across as very hungry and excited about the opportunity of playing in the NFL. I bet he came across much more likeable than AJ during one-on-one interviews as well. AJ's attitude was straight up crappy since bowl season. He has acted like either he didn't care to play in the NFL or he was an irrefutable high draft pick.

Having said that, I have no idea how Logan Thomas got drafted ahead of him. Thomas will be a liability...at backup quarterback. He looked lost every time I watched him at VT.

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana

Not at all what I was expecting, and this may actually be worse for him than going undrafted. Now he has to sit behind a young gun in Dalton who is fairly popular with the fanbase. He'll have some nice talent surrounding him, but he won't get to enjoy it barring something unfortunate.

jenk56

1st Team
Sep 5, 2012

Whoop whoop!!! Did I call it or what...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.