Aj McCarron drafted in the 5th round by Cincinnati

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Re: Aj McCarron

on December 08, 2013 at 10:01 PM

TUSCALOOSA, Alabama — It's an honor sealed in concrete and never goes away.

Alabama named its three permanent captains who'll be immortalized at Denny Chimes at next spring's [2014] A-Day Game .

Graduating seniors C.J. Mosley, AJ McCarron and Kevin Norwood were selected by the vote of teammates. The honor was announced at Sunday night's team banquet.

The three will put their hands and feet in wet concrete in front of a few thousand fans in the afternoon festivities leading up to the A-Day spring game.
thanks, the reason I asked was because one of the goobs on B/R video said he never was, and I didn't know.
As to the "cocky" part - Namath was pretty cocky, but he never threw his teammates under the bus and yeah, that's what aJ did, at least to some of them. That stuff is not and should never be for public consumption.
Those who think he was picked where he was on talent (or lack thereof) alone: you really think Logan Thomas is better? Only in arm strength, not in accuracy or mobility in any way shape or form. Anyone remember Freddie Kitchens?
AJ was sent a message by supposedly being told he was mid first round or early second; I heard it, I hope he did. It's his chance to make the ones who didn't pick him sooner sorry. I wish him nothing but the best, but I wish he would stop giving interviews and let his play speak for itself.

TRU

All-SEC
Oct 3, 2000
Tampa, FL
Re: Aj McCarron

Actually, I think that being a backup QB is about the best job in the NFL that there is. You wear a headset, carry a clipboard, pat the starter's butt when he goes in or comes out on each series and get a salary of better than $500K a year for your efforts. It sure beats playing and taking the chance that some 300 lb defensive lineman is going to face plant you and end your career every time you touch the ball.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Michael Silver of the NFL Network said AJ doesn't have a real shot at the starting position or the backup. Jason Campbell is the backup and AJ will be a third stringer at best in Cinci. Silver actually laughed out loud when asked about AJ's chances in Cinci.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
WOW..I hope that's not the case..He's not even given him a shot of making the practice squad it sounds like..I may not agree with how AJ has handled things since leaving the protective bubble of Coach Saban, but, I think Adam Silver is flat wrong, cause AJ is a talented QB, & was a better college QB than Jason Cambell, and will be a better NFL QB than Jason Cambell..We shall see I suppose..
Adam Silver of the NFL Network said AJ doesn't have a real shot at the starting position or the backup. Jason Campbell is the backup and AJ will be a third stringer at best in Cinci. Silver actually laughed out loud when asked about AJ's chances in Cinci.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
WOW..I hope that's not the case..He's not even given him a shot of making the practice squad it sounds like..I may not agree with how AJ has handled things since leaving the protective bubble of Coach Saban, but, I think Adam Silver is flat wrong, cause AJ is a talented QB, & was a better college QB than Jason Cambell, and will be a better NFL QB than Jason Cambell..We shall see I suppose..
He was asked what the Bengals brass meant by AJs drafting "having nothing to do with Dalton". Silver basically said it means he wasn't drafted to play. If true that doesn't make since to me. But he basically said AJ won't have much of an opportunity to prove himself.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Yeah that doesn't sound right to me either, cause that's basically wasting a draft pick for nothing, when they could've used that to pick up a quality player at a another position of need..I think AJ will prove himself & make the team..He's a quality Pro-Style QB that's been coached up to be ready for the next level in the NFL & I do think he will a good NFL career if giving a truly fair chance to prove himself..JMO
He was asked what the Bengals brass meant by AJs drafting "having nothing to do with Dalton". Silver basically said it means he wasn't drafted to play. If true that doesn't make since to me. But he basically said AJ won't have much of an opportunity to prove himself.

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama

I've been on AJ's case but stuff like that just infuriates me.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
I've been on AJ's case but stuff like that just infuriates me.
I think he'll get a chance but better make the most of it. Because fifth round draft picks aren't given as many chances as those drafted higher. For every Kurt Warner, Steven Young and Tom Brady there are slews of fifth, sixth and undrafted QB's who never make it.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Adam Silver of the NFL Network said AJ doesn't have a real shot at the starting position or the backup. Jason Campbell is the backup and AJ will be a third stringer at best in Cinci. Silver actually laughed out loud when asked about AJ's chances in Cinci.

Yeah...how many teams has Campbell played for now? Is it four? Or five? And he was a starter for a long time but now he can't beat out Dalton?

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.