News Article: Interesting article on Jameis - sort of points up some of the problems...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
It's not - whatever his dad did, there's a point at which Cam couldn't control that situation. And the laptop pales in comparison to the other stuff.

And when we look at it - Hernandez was done as soon as he was indicted. It's not like the Patriots have saved a roster spot for him.
I believe that the Pats knew what they had with Hernandez, even before the indictment - a dangerous sociopath...

afadam07

1st Team
Aug 21, 2008
Oklahoma City, OK
I feel as though he's going to be one of those who skates through life until it finally catches up to him and then he's not going to know what to do. I do hope this point doesn't come down to his ability to write out a complete sentence... That text was BRUTAL to read!

Persephone

Apr 30, 2014
Everyone can say what they want about the NFL wanting choir boys. At the end of the conversation, let me mention a few names ...

$cam Newton
Ray Lewis
Michael Vick
Aaron Hernandez

I think the NFL cares about stats, butts in seat, beer sales & bad PR from current indictments in the news. Winston will get drafted and play on Sundays ... and he knows it.
Ben Roethelisberger would have been a better example with whom to compare Winston.

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville
I wonder if the school or coaches promised that they would have someone with Jameis at all times. That is the only reason I can see for Mr. Winston for saying that. It isn't unheard of to have people assigned to high profile "celebrities" in Jameis's position. This still doesn't excuse the behavior, but it might give a reason for Dad's comments.
What irritates me is that Winston's text telling his dad that "everythang is good". the son doesn't tell the dad when the punishment is over. I think my dad would have gone off about that. He would've probably whipped me and told me, "I'll let you know when everythang is good." Of course, that is not a conversation you have over text either.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I agree 100% with ya Earle..With the thorough background check the NFL does before drafting these Players out of college, The Pats knew exactly, what they were getting & took their chances anyways on Hernandez..I'm sure they were very knowledgeable of his gang affiliation away from the football field..
I believe that the Pats knew what they had with Hernandez, even before the indictment - a dangerous sociopath...

AV8N

1st Team
Sep 18, 2013
God stole crab legs? Relax everybody. Jamies says it's all God's fault. :rolleyes:[/COLOR]
God is a big fan of shellfish. Hence the stuff in Leviticus telling the Israelites to keep their hands off them. He wanted them all for Himself. :biggrin:

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
The "he's only 20 so he will make some mistakes" excuse is wearing a little thin with me. A lot of us spent our 20th birthday in a jungle in Vietnam. Even now we have 18 year old young men in Afghanistan or serving their country in some other way.
Most 20 year old individuals understand the difference between making a mistake and breaking the law. Yes, I've certainly made mistakes in my life, but at 20, I'm pretty sure I knew stealing was wrong.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I had no idea that you were a "Vietnam Vet" my Brother, I had an Uncle that was in Vietnam & another that served in the Korean War, and they both told me it was literally "Hell On Earth" at both places..Thank You for your service gtown, cause without Hero's like yourself, our lives & freedom, wouldn't be what it is today..We all take our "Freedom" for granted, but, there were many souls & lives, lost in those wars, that allows us to be able to just be able to post our own thoughts here on TideFans..Again Thank You..You sir are a true Hero & I truly want to simply say..Thank You..Your service is very much appreciated my Crimson Tide Friend & Brother..

The "he's only 20 so he will make some mistakes" excuse is wearing a little thin with me. A lot of us spent our 20th birthday in a jungle in Vietnam. Even now we have 18 year old young men in Afghanistan or serving their country in some other way.
Most 20 year old individuals understand the difference between making a mistake and breaking the law. Yes, I've certainly made mistakes in my life, but at 20, I'm pretty sure I knew stealing was wrong.

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
I had no idea that you were a "Vietnam Vet" my Brother, I had an Uncle that was in Vietnam & another that served in the Korean War, and they both told me it was literally "Hell On Earth" at both places..Thank You for your service gtown, cause without Hero's like yourself, our lives & freedom, wouldn't be what it is today..We all take our "Freedom" for granted, but, there were many souls & lives, lost in those wars, that allows us to be able to just be able to post our own thoughts here on TideFans..Again Thank You..You sir are a true Hero & I truly want to simply say..Thank You..Your service is very much appreciated my Crimson Tide Friend & Brother..
Thank you for your kind words. I'm really glad we didn't get this guy at Bama! He has great athletic skills, he needs life skills.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Iagree 100% with ya Bro..I'm soooooo glad he's The Criminal's problem & he didn't stay home to play college football here at Bama..That makes me cringe just typing that & just thinking about that..Jameis is the type attitude problem that can literally become a program killer..
Thank you for your kind words. I'm really glad we didn't get this guy at Bama! He has great athletic skills, he needs life skills.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I agree 100% with ya Earle..With the thorough background check the NFL does before drafting these Players out of college, The Pats knew exactly, what they were getting & took their chances anyways on Hernandez..I'm sure they were very knowledgeable of his gang affiliation away from the football field..
I don't think he had the traditional three strikes. Knowing the HC, he probably was told "Straight and Narrow," or the door - not that homicide shouldn't be a one strike and out offense, anyway...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.