News Article: Interesting article on Jameis - sort of points up some of the problems...

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
The statement by his father that his sone should not be by himself is shocking. That is exactly what we should raise our kids to do - be by themselves and be productive citizens when left unsupervised. Of course, the article that quoted his father about the recruitment was very enlightening about this family. Talent or not, I'm glad we "lost" this recruit.

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
The statement by his father that his sone should not be by himself is shocking. That is exactly what we should raise our kids to do - be by themselves and be productive citizens when left unsupervised. Of course, the article that quoted his father about the recruitment was very enlightening about this family. Talent or not, I'm glad we "lost" this recruit.
It's what a person does when nobody is looking that best demonstrates who they really are.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
There is so much to say about this article, but it appears his father and friends are excusing away his behavior and that convinces me he will not change. I too am glad he is not in Tuscaloosa.

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
If the 233-word text to his father is any indication, Winston is now acutely aware of that. He told his father in the four days he was suspended he got to spend some time with kids, workout and go to church. He wrote:
"God did that for a reason u accepted my punishment now everythang is over.
"I live for success and greatness and I ain't gone stop doing that so everythang good."

God stole crab legs? Relax everybody. Jamies says it's all God's fault. :rolleyes:

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
I understand completely...
It's everybody else's fault for not monitoring his every move. ;)
Where were the 'Baby Sitters' when FSU really needed them?

(It's JM all over again)

Last edited by a moderator:

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I don't recall Mark Ingram needing to be watched constantly or needing someone with him telling him that a no no..Just be honest Dad & tell the truth about what we know & that Jameis is an entitled rapist who thinks he can go to Public's & not pay for his food.."The Truth Will Set Ya Free"..

CoastGhost

Suspended
Sep 5, 2009
North Carolina
Everyone can say what they want about the NFL wanting choir boys. At the end of the conversation, let me mention a few names ...

$cam Newton
Ray Lewis
Michael Vick
Aaron Hernandez

I think the NFL cares about stats, butts in seat, beer sales & bad PR from current indictments in the news. Winston will get drafted and play on Sundays ... and he knows it.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Everyone can say what they want about the NFL wanting choir boys. At the end of the conversation, let me mention a few names ...

$cam Newton
Ray Lewis
Michael Vick
Aaron Hernandez

I think the NFL cares about stats, butts in seat, beer sales & bad PR from current indictments in the news. Winston will get drafted and play on Sundays ... and he knows it.
He will - the fear is that this is going to end like Hernandez or Rae Carruth.

And btw - Lawrence Phillips would have been a better example than Scam and Vick got in trouble after he'd been in the league for years.

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
I'm not sure it's fair to compare Newton to the rest of those guys.

It's not - whatever his dad did, there's a point at which Cam couldn't control that situation. And the laptop pales in comparison to the other stuff.

And when we look at it - Hernandez was done as soon as he was indicted. It's not like the Patriots have saved a roster spot for him.

GreatMarch

All-SEC
Dec 10, 2010
Birmingham, AL
I'm not sure it's fair to compare Newton to the rest of those guys.
Keep in mind that AU did keep a baby sitter on Scam during his short stay at AU. I have always held the point of view about public figures that we know what we hear about, but what about the stuff that we never hear about? Don't think for a minute that Winston, or any other name on the list provided in the earlier post, hasn't done something BAD that we did not hear about. Also, as far as Jameis is concerned, let's just say the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.