Link: McCarron: I Wasn't Healthy At Alabama

BadgerTidefan

1st Team
Dec 2, 2006
Jennings, FL
I'm almost to the point of feeling sorry for AJ at this point, not at all because of his reasons, but because he doesn't seem capable of just stopping the self destruction. I would be terribly embarrassed if it were me. I hope he can quietly proceed with the business at hand.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I agree 100% with ya Brad..AJ is proof positive of just how good "The Process" is by keeping our players away from the media, unless Coach Saban approves it & they know exactly what can or can't be said in interviews..AJ is an isolated incident, there's been other players as well, once they're not under the protective bubble of "The Process" & they have total freedom to speak their minds..To me it's a testament of the unbelievably amazing abilitity for "The Process" to keep our players out of trouble & away from the media while they're at Bama..

In another post you stated that us fans haven't turned on AJ & I agree 100% with ya Brad..We're not turning on AJ, but, we all agree it's best from AJ to shut the hell up to the media & quit allowing what he says turn into the "Foot N Mouth" disease..It's obvious AJ is one arrogant kid that has lots of pride in his University & Family..Just stop the interviews cause now there's been another controversy, the media will be after him like fly on poop..
Yah, not to mention it makes me wonder if he understands what the NFL is vs CFB (even at Alabama) - if he stayed injured at Bama, there's virtually no chance he won't be the same / worse in the NFL.

Seems more and more like he's making excuses and blaming everyone / everything else. Would love to see him succeed in the NFL, but the overall attitude makes me doubtful...

TexasTideFan

All-American
Feb 6, 2003
Kingwood, TX
Instead of shutting up and focusing on being the player he believes he is/can be, he's continued to answer questions about his collegiate career.
Like I said earlier, follow somebody that has done it and done it right. GMac was first class all the way through his process from college to NFL. Follow that lead and you are golden. I know the NFL will have their Rookie Welcome to the NFL class later in the Summer, but AJ needs to hook up with GMac or even JPW and pick their brains over a beer.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
With AJ & Kathrine's filming their new reality show..Is it possible that AJ is stirring up the media with his remarks for their new reality show..Cause controversy stirs up big ratings..I can see that happening as well

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I'm almost to the point of feeling sorry for AJ at this point, not at all because of his reasons, but because he doesn't seem capable of just stopping the self destruction. I would be terribly embarrassed if it were me. I hope he can quietly proceed with the business at hand.
I do feel sorry for him in the sense that he's showing he's not as mature as I thought he was. Even truthful things can be taken the wrong way and when it comes to sports NO BODY and I mean NO BODY within the sports circle likes excuse makers or any hint of it. Let others make excuses for you. Don't be the one making them for yourselves. Much like bragging. It is better to let others brag on you than to brag on yourself.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
That statement has an awful lot of I's in it. Someone needs to teach AJ how to word things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike Mayock stated that some the knocks on AJ was that he was too cocky, skipped the senior bowl and the upcoming reality show which I am sure is more Katherine Webb's thing than his. AJ wouldn't be in the position he is in without UofA and Coach Saban and his staff. Chill AJ, get off social media because you are looking like an ungrateful idiot, and start work with the Bengals. A bit of humble pie would be good for you right now.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Yup..I agree 100% with ya BB..When you combine all his remarks the last couple weeks..AJ has come across as arrogant & throwing his teammates under to bus for his poor showing his last two games..I understand he played hurt, but, so does the majority of college football players..When I played high school football, I was taught there's no "I" in team & that you win as a team & you lose as a team..Stop with all the excuses & simply say that Auburn & Oklahoma were the better teams that day..And give 'em congrats & leave it at that..And leave it at that..Don't throw his younger teammates under the bus & I was injured excuses..It makes him & the team look weak & personally I don't like him saying all that..
It comes across as excuses. If our fans are so over reactive then I guess the NFL scouts and coaches are to. Because it's stuff like this that they specifically cited as things they didn't like. So to each their own.

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
Thank you. At least one Mod here isn't joining the lynch mob with the rest of the ungrateful mouth breathers around here. I've been as die hard of an Alabama Crimson Tide fan as anyone for 31 years with a strong history of family ties to the school and I have never been so disgusted with the fanbase as I am currently.

He is what 21...22 years old and is making some 'verbal' mistakes by not being 100% politically correct and the majority are completely turning their back on him for it. He has had a good a reason as anyone to go through life with a chip on his shoulder and apparently it's how he best manufactures his motivation.

I know this much. He represented the team and school in a positive way for 5 years and never did anything outright stupid to embarrass anyone. He did lots of charitable stuff with kids and played like a All-Time college great on the field. Many other players have been imperatively important as well but we DO NOT win the back to back titles if he was not the starter. His peers also voted him co-captain and Saban LOVED him.

He skipped the senior bowl - get over it he doesn't owe you anything.

In the grand scheme he's a young person who has things to learn but he's a GOOD person. He will make huge strides from now to age 30 in maturity.

While I'm not ashamed of him; I am ashamed to be in the same collective group of fans that are acting like this now. I assume the majority here are adults and are vehemently demanding a 21-22 year old to 'shut-up' and now offer your retroactive true feelings towards the guy when for the last 3 years everyone has been glowing in their praise.

If this school wasn't so dear to me personally I would have to move on from being a fan with you. The hypocrisy towards former players when they do anything to disappoint your perfect expectations for them when they leave has become sickening. I can't believe it...I really can't. It's disgusting....I'm just about done here.
These were my general thoughts as well. AJ can do and say what he pleases. Some people are overly sensitive and take things out of context. That doesn't change the fact that my professional opinion is that he needs a good publicist. He is likely going to become a celebrity through football and his personal life, so having a good publicist will do him good over his career.

I'm sad that so many Bama fans turn on former players so quick and easy. I used to not want to admit this, but we have some of the WORST fair-weather fans in college football history. :(

TexasTideFan

All-American
Feb 6, 2003
Kingwood, TX
I'm sad that so many Bama fans turn on former players so quick and easy. I used to not want to admit this, but we have some of the WORST fair-weather fans in college football history. :(
I don't think they are turning on him, yet. Let him call out his teammates again though. I think they are really just a little miffed of the level of douche he has displayed in the last few months. I mean Johnny Football has a better image right now than AJ. Go figure.

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
I really believe that if AJ will work hard (like he always has) at learning the Bengals system, and keep himself quiet...he will do just fine. The NFL can be very hard on rookies that are in the spotlight.

WaitingForNo.13

BamaNation Citizen
Oct 27, 2004
Prattville, AL
Thank you. At least one Mod here isn't joining the lynch mob with the rest of the ungrateful mouth breathers around here. I've been as die hard of an Alabama Crimson Tide fan as anyone for 31 years with a strong history of family ties to the school and I have never been so disgusted with the fanbase as I am currently.

He is what 21...22 years old and is making some 'verbal' mistakes by not being 100% politically correct and the majority are completely turning their back on him for it. He has had a good a reason as anyone to go through life with a chip on his shoulder and apparently it's how he best manufactures his motivation.

I know this much. He represented the team and school in a positive way for 5 years and never did anything outright stupid to embarrass anyone. He did lots of charitable stuff with kids and played like a All-Time college great on the field. Many other players have been imperatively important as well but we DO NOT win the back to back titles if he was not the starter. His peers also voted him co-captain and Saban LOVED him.

He skipped the senior bowl - get over it he doesn't owe you anything.

In the grand scheme he's a young person who has things to learn but he's a GOOD person. He will make huge strides from now to age 30 in maturity.

While I'm not ashamed of him; I am ashamed to be in the same collective group of fans that are acting like this now. I assume the majority here are adults and are vehemently demanding a 21-22 year old to 'shut-up' and now offer your retroactive true feelings towards the guy when for the last 3 years everyone has been glowing in their praise.

If this school wasn't so dear to me personally I would have to move on from being a fan with you. The hypocrisy towards former players when they do anything to disappoint your perfect expectations for them when they leave has become sickening. I can't believe it...I really can't. It's disgusting....I'm just about done here.
This is the best response to this board on a subject that has been blown out of proportion that I have read so far... I hardly ever post in here, preferring to read and learn.

Now, however, I have learned that this fan base is fickle. I think the only mistake AJ has made is his agent. The right agent would have prevented his 23 year old mistakes.

I am pulling for him to make it big in the NFL and in my opinion, he will, once he realizes he is no longer at the University of Alabama.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
IMO, it's not a lynch mob mentality - he has said some things that have not been taken well by people he should not be trying to make unhappy. People talk about "back in the day..." "back in the day" there was no internet and instant access to everything. Everything you say and do now, as opposed to then, is instantly known by everyone. I do agree with 'belle's comment about him getting a publicist...and maybe a muzzle, at least for a while. I have watched salespeople talk themselves out of a sale...it happens.

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010
I believe we are all pulling for AJ to be successful and prove the critics of his play wrong but we would advise him to stop talking to the media if he cannot do so in a more positive way. He is not coming over as grateful for what he has been afforded the opportunity to do or to those who supported him. He is not winning new fans with comments that sound similar to excuses. We wish for the best and hope he will mature and remember the rules for the media he learned from Coach Saban.

Last edited:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
This is the best response to this board on a subject that has been blown out of proportion that I have read so far... I hardly ever post in here, preferring to read and learn.

Now, however, I have learned that this fan base is fickle. I think the only mistake AJ has made is his agent. The right agent would have prevented his 23 year old mistakes.

I am pulling for him to make it big in the NFL and in my opinion, he will, once he realizes he is no longer at the University of Alabama.
So you want to admit he's making mistakes and needs a new agent, but we can't discuss how he needs to shut up because we're "sensitive?" Got it.

IMO, it's not a lynch mob mentality - he has said some things that have not been taken well by people he should not be trying to make unhappy. People talk about "back in the day..." "back in the day" there was no internet and instant access to everything. Everything you say and do now, as opposed to then, is instantly known by everyone. I do agree with 'belle's comment about him getting a publicist...and maybe a muzzle, at least for a while. I have watched salespeople talk themselves out of a sale...it happens.
Thank you!

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Everyone has their own opinion & I can respect y'alls(and agree to an extent)..Any college football fanbase can be as you put it "Fickle" & yeah I reckon we are..We all hope AJ does well & will all still support him in the NFL, but, AJ needs to quit talking to the media & coming up with all these excuses as to why he didn't play well the last two games..We simply don't like him throwing his teammates that went to war with him, under the bus, and understand he wasn't the only player that played hurt..These interviews have made his stock in the NFL drop & that could have been avoided by just saying nothing at at all or remember what he was taught by Coach Saban while at Bama when answering questions to the media..I love & will always support AJ, but, do wish he would zip it & shut it up talking to the media..

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
Well, fingers crossed, the media hype should die down unless he opens his pie hole again about why he didn't go in the 1rst or 2nd Rounds like he thought he would.

Please AJ, just report to camp on time, do your best, and represent with class and hopefully by the Fall, all of this will be in the rearview.

Yeah, a reality show about a rookie quarterback and a beauty queen shouldn't make any waves.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
If this whole thing was much ado about nothing and Bama fans JUST being Bama fans. Then why is it that people other than Bama fans have had such a problem with what he's said (even Coach Saban)? Such a problem that it basically cost him millions upon millions of dollars by slipping in the draft because potential employers and coaches had such a problem with it?

I think it's time to put down the AJ love affair glasses and see it for what it is. A young kid who's been adorned with praises, stardom and put up on a pedestal for the last three years making bad choices with his words and reaping the consequences. It doesn't make AJ a horrible person nor does it make those (who happen to be Bama fans) who express their displeasure with his comments "fickle" fans. It is what it is. He keeps sticking his foot in his mouth, obviously doesn't have good council to advise him to stop and the young man just keeps digging as fast as he can with the shovel he needs to put down.

WaitingForNo.13

BamaNation Citizen
Oct 27, 2004
Prattville, AL
So you want to admit he's making mistakes and needs a new agent, but we can't discuss how he needs to shut up because we're "sensitive?" Got it.
Now who is coming across as cocky and with a superior attitude, my interpretation of what I read. Your 19,000 posts are meaningless to me and my opinion is just as relevant as yours.

The discussion is fine, but some of the remarks are a little strong... and some of this fan base also needs to shut up. Got it.

Last edited by a moderator:

WaitingForNo.13

BamaNation Citizen
Oct 27, 2004
Prattville, AL
Everyone has their own opinion & I can respect y'alls(and agree to an extent)..Any college football fanbase can be as you put it "Fickle" & yeah I reckon we are..We all hope AJ does well & will all still support him in the NFL, but, AJ needs to quit talking to the media & coming up with all these excuses as to why he didn't play well the last two games..We simply don't like him throwing his teammates that went to war with him, under the bus, and understand he wasn't the only player that played hurt..These interviews have made his stock in the NFL drop & that could have been avoided by just saying nothing at at all or remember what he was taught by Coach Saban while at Bama when answering questions to the media..I love & will always support AJ, but, do wish he would zip it & shut it up talking to the media..
Thank you TideMan09... I appreciate you respecting all opinions and can see your point of view in this.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.