Link: McCarron: I Wasn't Healthy At Alabama

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Travis Reier a staff member from BamaOnline just posted this interview on BamaOnlie..Lots of Bama Fans are going ballistic , and turning on AJ, by the way AJ implied "That" University in the interview..While I don't think it's that big a deal..I can see why some Bama Fans takes it the wrong way when AJ said "That" University..We love our Players & our Crimson Tide Football.."That" University has helped you make it to the league AJ..Show a tad bit of respect towards her when you speak of her big boy..And can see why & how AJ is rubbing our fanbase the wrong way since leaving the school..I have no doubts AJ loves our University as much as we all do..What do y'all think about AJ's Interview..Are Bama Fans overreacting or does AJ need to shut it up with media interviews..

Here's The Link To Travis Reier's Post..CLICK ME

Here's The Link To AJ's Interview..CLICK ME

"A lot of people don't realize I wasn't healthy at Alabama," said McCarron, who was selected by the Cincinnati Bengals in the fifth round of the 2014 NFL Draft on Saturday. "I sacrificed a lot to play for coach Saban and that university; I played through a lot of injuries and we never leaked it because that's just the way it is. I just always tried to fight through for my teammates, my team and the University of Alabama but as of now I'm just excited to get to work with coach (Ken) Zampese and learn under Andy Dalton."

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
I might get in trouble for this...but honestly AJ needs to shut his mouth and get to the Bengals camp. He is getting too much bad PR and it will be a distraction to him.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
We are sounding like the Bama Nation and AJ were in a "friends with benefits" relationship that has outlived it's usefulness. That's a shame. On both sides.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
That statement has an awful lot of I's in it. Someone needs to teach AJ how to word things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com
I'm not surprised he had injuries, you play football in the SEC you're going to have to fight through injuries, That will be the case even more in the NFL. I am really rooting for AJ to get a chance in the NFL but pretty soon AJ is going to be the 2nd or 3rd string QB and unless Dalton gets hurt he's not going to see any more microphones in his face for a long time. Might as well flap his jaws now cause the media is about to move on.

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
At some point, it's time to shut up and move on, man. But I get that he was asked the question. So it is what it is....but yeah...at some point....gotta lace em up and move on

nickel42

1st Team
Dec 2, 2013
Nashville, TN
I appreciate the heck out of AJ and his work in Tuscaloosa - but man, every time he opens his mouth lately he just makes himself seem more self-centered.

TouchThatThang

All-SEC
Feb 8, 2014
I think it all boils down to this: AJ has a really high opinion of himself and his abilities. In his mind he is probably a first round talent. He probably feels that he sacrificed a lot doing what the coaches asked him, only taking risks in certain situations, playing it safe, etc. And he did. He did all of that, and it worked out great...for the team. He might feel if he would've played somewhere else he would've gotten drafted higher. When he hears all of his detractors point out his short comings he's thinking "I was doing what coach told me to do." That's why he used the Sugar Bowl as his personal NFL tryout. Whether it's true or not, I think he feels he was not able to showcase his full abilities at Bama.

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010
It is a shame. Even if not intentional, AJ has jeopardized his beloved stature in the eyes of many Bama fans by throwing, first fellow players under the bus and now implying "That" University held him back in some way. It is not attractive to place blame on or lash out at others when things do not work out the way you would like. I expected better from AJ. I hope I am wrong about his attitude. The comments are what one would expect from a less mature person. Words are hard to take back and should be chosen wisely.

Last edited:

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
At this point, whether true or not, everything he's saying is nothing more than an excuse. He needs to man up, just take it as it is, and move on. I love AJ to death, and I have a lot of respect for him on and off the field, but he needs to just forget about the past and focus on his future

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TideWatcher

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2006
newton county, ms
AJ had a lot of good stories too; he helped a sick/disabled child/man. He won championships. He competed and represented the university well. But when you get a celebrity image you think too highly of yourself. He needs to get both thankful and hungry again. His draft was not because of anything other than his ability. He can over achieve and do well. He cannot make it by making excuses. I hope he drops the chip and relishes what he has accomplished. It can lead him to be content whatever happens in the nfl. And I think he has a chance to be a starter if he sees it as a chance and not an entitlement.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I agree 100% with both y'all..I love AJ & appreciate him for his help & leadership winning those NC's while he was our QB, but, there comes a time to simply cut off the media & go play some football..Stop making statements that you have to backtrack & explain the supposed "Misunderstandings" to the the folks that supports & loves him the most..Cause right now he's losing that support form the Crimson Tide Faithful..JMHO
I might get in trouble for this...but honestly AJ needs to shut his mouth and get to the Bengals camp. He is getting too much bad PR and it will be a distraction to him.
At some point, it's time to shut up and move on, man. But I get that he was asked the question. So it is what it is....but yeah...at some point....gotta lace em up and move on

BamaBuff24

1st Team
May 2, 2000
FWB, FL USA
I agree 100% with both y'all..I love AJ & appreciate him for his help & leadership winning those NC's while he was our QB, but, there comes a time to simply cut off the media & go play some football..Stop making statements that you have to backtrack & explain the supposed "Misunderstandings" to the the folks that supports & loves him the most..Cause right now he's losing that support form the Crimson Tide Faithful..JMHO
You are right about AJ needs to back off. But CNS needs to take responsibility for some of the problems the last two games instead of pushing it off the players. He made some bad decisions as Head Coach. CPB took the blame for loses and gave credit for wins.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.