Link: McCarron: I Wasn't Healthy At Alabama

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I remember reading that Coach Saban has our Players attend some sort of class or has folks that comes in, and teaches our Players how to correctly handle themselves with the media, & how to correctly answer question that's asked by the media..I may be mistaken about them having some sort of seminar or class, our Players must attend on how to handle themselves with the media..Maybe Earle or some other good folks can chime in about it..
I find it funny because folks don't want to hear Jamies Winston say he's only 20 yet they use it for AJ's comments.

I think it's more CNS tells the players what TO say rather than coaching them up to handle the media. I recall reading how Jeff Puriton, Bama's SID, would step in before a player made a comment about something. AJ is voicing his opinion rather than going by CNS's script.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I remember reading that Coach Saban has our Players attend some sort of class or has folks that comes in, and teaches our Players how to correctly handle themselves with the media, & how to correctly answer question that's asked by the media..I may be mistaken about them having some sort of seminar or class, our Players must attend on how to handle themselves with the media..Maybe Earle or some other good folks can chime in about it..
He does. My point is Saban has a "script" for the players to follow. AJ doesn't have that anymore, so he's speaking his mind. Thus, we're hearing things we haven't heard from him before.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Gotcha & I agree 100% with ya..He seems lost without that guidance of Coach Saban..When it comes to handling the media anyways..
He does. My point is Saban has a "script" for the players to follow. AJ doesn't have that anymore, so he's speaking his mind. Thus, we're hearing things we haven't heard from him before.

DrollTide

All-SEC
Oct 18, 2008
Hunts Patch
Gotcha & I agree 100% with ya..He seems lost without that guidance of Coach Saban..When it comes to handling the media anyways..
He could do far worse than go back to the "we're preparing for the next game" Sabanite shtick that he has practiced for the last 3 years. Commentary is rarely helpful and, as he just discovered, soon balloons out of control so that even your most fervent fans have a hard time defending it.

WaitingForNo.13

BamaNation Citizen
Oct 27, 2004
Prattville, AL
When is this thread going to end?

I think AJ's comments have all been covered and the opinions of all Alabama's fans have been discussed ad nauseam.

I for one am ready to move forward.

To wait and see how Bengals training camp goes.

Please let this thread go away.

twofbyc

Suspended
Oct 14, 2009
OK, to qualify my stance in one last post...
He missed the SB but it wasn't his choice, it was his agents; was he being "himself" letting someone else make that call? Anyone who doesn't think that was the first in a series of questionable decisions is mistaken, IMO. If it wasn't a "big deal" for the NFL, why do so many of them come to Mobile for that week?
His comments about the two game slide (that was refuted at least in part by CNS himself) probably raise eyebrows a lot higher. I think at that point all team interview questions were moot, as most had probably already made up their minds that, unless the interview was some sort of epiphany, they were going to pass. Even the Bengals could have taken him sooner.
His final "questionable" decision about saying where he would be drafted was quite possibly just a setup by the teams to make him look bad and justify their passing on him. I don't think it had any bearing on their decisions unless they truly in no way led him to believe that. Did they? Only he and they know for sure. All I know is it's time to move on, here's his chance and I hope he takes the Bengals and wins a Super Bowl.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Overall I think it was good that he slid so far. Odds are the kid needed to be humbled a bit and also have a fire lit under his butt at the same time. This should accomplish both. You can dang be sure he will train his butt off and I've got a feeling he will quickly learn to shut up and go to work. This may very well turnout to be a good thing for AJ. I'm pulling for him no doubt. He's still my favorite Bama QB of all time. I just hope the Bengals give him a legit shot.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Overall I think it was good that he slid so far. Odds are the kid needed to be humbled a bit and also have a fire lit under his butt at the same time. This should accomplish both. You can dang be sure he will train his butt off and I've got a feeling he will quickly learn to shut up and go to work. This may very well turnout to be a good thing for AJ. I'm pulling for him no doubt. He's still my favorite Bama QB of all time. I just hope the Bengals give him a legit shot.
i was expecting this leading up to the barn game. it didn't happen :p

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
When is this thread going to end?

I think AJ's comments have all been covered and the opinions of all Alabama's fans have been discussed ad nauseam.

I for one am ready to move forward.

To wait and see how Bengals training camp goes.

Please let this thread go away.
When he decides to shut his mouth for more than a few days...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

CoastGhost

Suspended
Sep 5, 2009
North Carolina
I will go on record here and now to predict that AJ will have someone in the playoffs within 5 years. I think he is driven enough to compensate for any short comings. I think he will surprise the doubters and be in the mix for years to come.

IGetBuckets

Suspended
Jan 13, 2014
Sad that AJ might be the new Wally Pipp

Garofolo is the one who took AJ's SR Bowl spot, and wa staken in the second by New England

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.