Adrian Hubbard and reason for falling out of NFL Draft

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Well, NFL Network had some reports that Tre Mason had issues from a wrist surgery, which he denied immediately. That comes after CyKo's reported failed physical at the combine.

Surely the physicians at the combine couldn't have screwed up that much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Either the heart abnormality isn't "minor," or it wasn't the reason he fell out of the Draft.

That said, this was never an issue for him at Alabama, so I highly doubt it was a reason for NFL teams to pass on him. I think the much more likely scenario is that NFL teams simply weren't enamored with the notion of taking a pure pass rusher prospect -- who would be a liability against the run -- who didn't actually rush the passer effectively as a college player. I would imagine the heart issue is probably just Hubbard grasping at straws as to why he wasn't taken.

Last edited:

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
well...he couldn't have landed on a more up and coming team, and Green Bay desperately needed down lineman who can rush the passer in obvious passing situations. If that's all they ask him to contribute then he may indeed make it, but he's by no means an every down player.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
well...he couldn't have landed on a more up and coming team, and Green Bay desperately needed down lineman who can rush the passer in obvious passing situations. If that's all they ask him to contribute then he may indeed make it, but he's by no means an every down player.
Agreed and he will learn from one of the greatest ever at rushing the passer, Julius Peppers.

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
No one should be surprised that Hubbard was not drafted. It will be a surprise if he makes a team because if he barely made any impact at the collegiate level why would he suddenly turn into a NFL player? I'm not knocking the guy, just stating the obvious.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
I want to see every Bama player who makes it to the NFL have a successful career; we know that most won't, and ones like AH have to take their game to a whole different level to have any chance at all. Will he or won't he? It's up to him, and I wish him well - odds really aren't in his favor.
I was just wondering...from those of you who might know this first hand: was he a better "practice" player than a "game" player? Or was there just a huge drop in talent behind him?

BamaBrass

Suspended
Feb 14, 2004
Ringgold, GA
No one should be surprised that Hubbard was not drafted. It will be a surprise if he makes a team because if he barely made any impact at the collegiate level why would he suddenly turn into a NFL player? I'm not knocking the guy, just stating the obvious.
Agree. He never had a "high motor" from what I recall.

Jordan54

1st Team
Aug 20, 2007
Gardendale, Al
I hope he makes it. However, Hubbard is a good example of a player who needed to stay and play out his last year. He would have benefited greatly from another year under Saban.

TideWatcher

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2006
newton county, ms
He may never be great. But he contributed on national championship teams. If he gets stronger he can make an NFL team. He has enough ability to make a team if he works hard and wants it bad enough. He is not good enough to give just good effort. But NFL teams want depth on the line. That is where he can fit in if he wants it.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.