If We Had Played FSU For The National Title--Would We Have Won?

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
This is kinda like the question "what if shula pulled prothro against florida when we are up by three scores, do we waltz into Pasadena for the natty and play USC There are just too many variables to factor in. Yes we fell victim to the GusBus miracle but everyone overlooks the fact we would have to play to complete teams with mobile qbs. I know everyone discredits Mizzou, but they have one big thing going for them in a match up against us and that is their WRs vs our DBs and Franklin is more than capable of getting the ball to them. As for FSU it would be an all out war. I think Auburn kinda shocked them at first but when FSU settled down it was a matter of time. Granted I don't think we would blow a two TD lead with our offense.

cindym

All-SEC
Oct 14, 2009
saraland, al
I don't know if anyone can answer this question, but I can tell you this: I'd rather not be in the game than be there and lose it.

Silver lining: Auburn will always be remembered as the SEC team who couldn't close the deal for the SEC and broke "the streak."
That and their fans have been "thankfully" for my taste silent afterwards!!! I don't think i could have with stood the crowing at the office if they actually pulled it off. I know there are some obnoxious bama fans out there but in my case goodness!!! The people in our office are impossible lol!!! And they slink off to a corner when they don't get their way. The bama fans in our office(its about 50/50) don't say anything because its not necessary Its wonderful to be a bama fan we can let our winning do our talking for us :):biggrin2:

Last edited:

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
I always thought we matched up well with FSU. They are the type of team we are built to play, much like LSU. My concern was always our corners against Winston's accuracy. If we were going to lose the game, it would have been due to poor pass defense.

However, I also thought 9-3 OU would be a reliable Sugar Bowl win. They weren't.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.