Nick Jacobs released from his scholarship/won't return

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
CAG knows his job is on the line. Thus all the personnel and coaching changes. Let's see if it all comes together. I have my doubts.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Not surprising. However, CAG indicated a few weeks back Jacobs was still on the team. Hate it didn't work out, but this might be the best for both parties.

CrimsonChuck

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 1999
Philadelphia, PA
Cecils column...

http://www.tuscaloosanews.com/article/20140513/news/140519884

Since Feb. 19, when Nick Jacobs was placed on a “leave of absence” from the University of Alabama basketball team, it’s been difficult to feel optimistic about his future in Tuscaloosa.

First, the very words “leave of absence” sound ominous. Second Anthony Grant’s doghouse has never seemed particularly easy to exit. There was some hope, though, as Jacobs continued to be seen around the program — attending late-season games as a spectator, going through workouts.

pchil86

3rd Team
Feb 16, 2014
I get part of Cecil's argument....particularly the part where he talks about having able bodies as far as depth for big men is concerned....however, I just don't think keeping nick around was gonna be good....yeah it's another big body player in the rotation but when you're not playing with effort or consistency then what good are u other than being a liability on the floor....I honestly think our front court will be much better this year with the emergence of Shannon Hale and Jimmie getting better and I think Mike Kessens will surprise most people with his play

IGetBuckets

Suspended
Jan 13, 2014
I'm starting to think Coach has a need to remove anyone on the team that can dunk a basketball......
Could Jacobs even dunk?

I feel bad for the kid, but I am so happy I will not have to watch his laziness and lack of hustle. I had hopes when he arrived that he could become a Mike Ansley type guy, as I thought they were pretty comparable physicall and athletically.

Instead, Jacobs played more like Mike Greenwood...

Last edited:

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
From what I have been told CAG is not the problem here. This is for the best.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

mark4tide

1st Team
Mar 7, 2005
Hoover, AL
I noticed that the team started playing better after he was placed on "leave of absence". This would cause me to think he was a bad apple. It is a lot harder to hide the bad apple on a team of 10-12 than it is to hide them on a team of 85.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.