Talk of Game Against USC in Dallas as Alabama's Neutral Site Game in 2016

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Re: Talk of Gama Against USC in Dallas as Alabama's Neutral Site Game in 2016

While it is not cheap to go to a game at Jerry World, I do not think it is any more expensive than most stadiums. Food/drinks did not cost more there than it did in Pasadena or Miami. The cost of parking was not more than it is at most bowl games, BCS included. Matter of fact, I'd say Jerry World is better in the sense you do not have to park in someones yard or 2 miles away.

Just curious, why do you think the game day experience was crappy? We were in the RV lot and had a great time. Yes, it was hot but, Tuscaloosa can be as hot and more humid in August compared to Dallas.

I'd love to see us open every year in a neutral site location. Alternate between Dallas and Atlanta.
i had a great weekend. we had about 12-15 of us that were extended family that hadn't all been together in a long time (including a couple of michigan fans). the entire weekend was a good time, but i was underwhelmed by the stadium. i was there to watch a football game, and it was more of a "circus" atmosphere where i paid a crap ton for a seat (a nice seat, i admit, lower level 10 yard line) and ended up watching a large tv set most of the game. its an impressive building for sure, but it just isn't my idea of a good atmosphere for watching football. that ticket was $300 something face value, and when i take my yearly-ish trip to bds, i get on the 40-45 yard line 25 rows up for $60-70 or whatever face value is on those tickets nowadays.

as to the neutral site openers, i love that idea (especially since i live about 10 minutes from the ga dome :) ) and hope we keep doing it and keep playing traditional "powerhouses", i just won't be traveling to dallas again for it.

Last edited:

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
Dream list;

USC
Texas
OU
ND
Ohio State
Nebraska

Any if those would be nice and that's just a few off the too of my head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006

i was there to watch a football game, and it was more of a "circus" atmosphere where i paid a crap ton for a seat (a nice seat, i admit, lower level 10 yard line) and ended up watching a large tv set most of the game. its an impressive building for sure, but it just isn't my idea of a good atmosphere for watching football. that ticket was $300 something face value, and when i take my yearly-ish trip to bds, i get on the 40-45 yard line 25 rows up for $60-70 or whatever face value is on those tickets nowadays.
it.
Agree the ticket price was high! We sat lower level on the goal line and face was $250. Of course, that is about what tickets to good games at BDS go for if you want to be in the lower bowl! I'd almost rather watch the game on TV. Once ESPN. SEC Network, and CBS start broadcasting in 4320P I probably will only go to a National Title game.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I would love for us to play USC, but, for some reason I'd rather see us play Stanford..I think it would be a much better game..That's just me though..

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
I would love for us to play USC, but, for some reason I'd rather see us play Stanford..I think it would be a much better game..That's just me though..
Yep LOL that could very well happen sooner rather than later with the 4 team playoff.

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL

Agree the ticket price was high! We sat lower level on the goal line and face was $250. Of course, that is about what tickets to good games at BDS go for if you want to be in the lower bowl! I'd almost rather watch the game on TV. Once ESPN. SEC Network, and CBS start broadcasting in 4320P I probably will only go to a National Title game.
I watched it on TV and I was at the game. That massive jumbotron is hard not to watch.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA

Pleased to hear of these discussions inasmuch the reason Bama is playing in Atlanta this year and played there last year is because LK chickened (pun intended) out on a tentative agreement to play in the Chick-Fil-A Kickoff Classic in either 2013 or 2014 (their choice). USC's (read Pete Carroll's) preferred choice of opponents was Bama, therefore the Atlanta Sports Council was in negotiations with Bama for both years, not knowing which year USC would choose. All of that went out the window when PC left and LK came in. Bama wound up being contracted for both years.

Last edited:

BigBama76

Suspended
Oct 26, 2011
Atlanta, GA

I love the way CNS has scheduled bigger opening games no matter where they are or who they're with as long as they are a nationally recognized program. Besides the recruiting benefits I think it gives the players something to look forward to during those long hot summer practices.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa

i made the trip out to see the michigan game, and i will never go to that stadium again. overpriced and at the end of the day, a crappy game day experience.
Other than the heat, my friends and I had an outstanding game day experience there. I would recommend it to anyone; although, I would rather go see a November game than a September game due to the heat in those parking lots.

The Kig

May 1, 2014

Really hope this happens. Would be good for college football to have the PAC whatever and SEC establishing early season bragging rights, especially between two traditional powerhouse teams (even though Oregon has become more visible of late).

Personally, I think the idea of a neutral site Dallas game adds national exposure to the game more than a home and home would. Doing the game at a venue like Jerryworld is a real bonus.

Doubtful that the Kiffin connection played into the paring at all, but imagine the build up to the game for the national media.... so many angles for them to play. This would drive ratings as high as the major bowls.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

Really hope this happens. Would be good for college football to have the PAC whatever and SEC establishing early season bragging rights, especially between two traditional powerhouse teams (even though Oregon has become more visible of late).

Personally, I think the idea of a neutral site Dallas game adds national exposure to the game more than a home and home would. Doing the game at a venue like Jerryworld is a real bonus.

Doubtful that the Kiffin connection played into the paring at all, but imagine the build up to the game for the national media.... so many angles for them to play. This would drive ratings as high as the major bowls.
Safe to say that playing Bama and Jerry's World would be more financially lucrative than hosting New Mexico St. or whoever it is they have currently scheduled.

That and they'll find themselves the center of the college football universe for a few weeks leading up to the game with us.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.