Talk of Game Against USC in Dallas as Alabama's Neutral Site Game in 2016

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Nothing official, just making the rounds on twitter.

When asked today at the Region's Pro-Am, Saban said there is nothing official about the neutral site game.

Alabama hasn't scheduled anyone in week one, but USC has New Mexico on the schedule. That can easily change, though.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Re: Talk of Gama Against USC in Dallas as Alabama's Neutral Site Game in 2016

Good idea.
Playing USC would help recruiting on the West Coast.
Playing in Dallas would help recruiting in the Southwest.
Playing USC would not hurt our Strength of Schedule.
Playing USC in Dallas would be a big TV money maker. Huge TV market...
Playing USC with CLK as coordinator would add another element to the game.

Lastly playing USC could rekindle a cross country rivalry that would be beneficial to both programs. Hugh fan base...

Last edited:

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art

I'd like to see it happen...

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

Good idea.

Lastly playing USC could rekindle a cross country rivalry that would be beneficial to both programs. Hugh fan base...
I agree with you except for the fact that it is likely that CLK might not be out OC by then. He either makes a big splash with us and is back in HCing by then OR...we'll we don't even want to go there.

bamapuppy

1st Team
Mar 28, 2008
Hillsborough, NC

Good idea.

I agree. Can't see any negatives for either school there. Traditional power teams like USC, Notre Dame, Miami, and Texas matched with BAMA has excitement written all over it.
I would like to see BAMA bring back Penn State as well. That was always a great rivalry.
I also think that a rivalry with Florida State could benefit both programs as well.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

In the thread title is 'Gama' supposed to be Game or Bama?

I'll assume game...

DallasRTR

3rd Team
Jul 26, 2007

Living in the Dallas area, I might have to just fork out the bucks to go see this one.

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011

I love the Idea of playing USC. The only way it would be better is if it were home and home.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

Living in the Dallas area, I might have to just fork out the bucks to go see this one.
i made the trip out to see the michigan game, and i will never go to that stadium again. overpriced and at the end of the day, a crappy game day experience.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL

I love the Idea of playing USC. The only way it would be better is if it were home and home.
Me too. I would never be able to go to the game in LA, and probably not the one in Tuscaloosa either. But it would be awesome to see Alabama play in that stadium again, and USC has never played us in Tuscaloosa - always Birmingham (or the Rose Bowl).

pluckngrit

Suspended
Nov 2, 2003
I guess the days of a home and home are over. While I appreciate us playing tougher competition, the sport is being killed by these corporate-driven ooc games.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas

i made the trip out to see the michigan game, and i will never go to that stadium again. overpriced and at the end of the day, a crappy game day experience.
Funny you should mention that..............

Ran into a native Texan, who is a TT grad, the other day. (Who actually thought the script A on my shirt was for...........not going to say the name of that pig sty.) They said it was hot, uncomfortable, and would not go back. Even with free seats, that were good seats. If someone who spent 4 years in Lubbock says it was bad, it was bad.

jabcmb

All-American
Feb 1, 2006
Birmingham, AL
We enjoyed our trip to Dallas and Jerry's House for the Michigan game. Everything at the stadium was expensive, but we expected that. That is one fancy place. It was hot outside, as in Dallas in late August, also expected. If Bama goes back, I'm in. And there's no way I would miss being at a Bama/USC game, as long as I am able.

Last edited:

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
Somewhat of an update:

@LindseyThiry: A #USC spokesperson tells me they have been approached to play #Alabama in 2016, but there are numerous challenges.
I love the fact that we are doing the approaching. Never let it be said that we purposefully attempt to play crappy competition. Some teams use the moniker that they'll play anyone anywhere, (ie; Boise St under Peterson) but it doesn't mean anything if you sit back and wait for the other guys to come to you. It's awesome that we are purposefully trying to play the best.

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
This would be a great matchup. Sarkasian should have USC back by 2016.

I'll never forget the 1971 game against the Trojans. Coach Bryant debuted the wishbone and a dynasty was born. A good many fans thought CPB had lost his touch after going 6-5 the previous two seasons. He was really just getting started! RTR.

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006

While it is not cheap to go to a game at Jerry World, I do not think it is any more expensive than most stadiums. Food/drinks did not cost more there than it did in Pasadena or Miami. The cost of parking was not more than it is at most bowl games, BCS included. Matter of fact, I'd say Jerry World is better in the sense you do not have to park in someones yard or 2 miles away.

Just curious, why do you think the game day experience was crappy? We were in the RV lot and had a great time. Yes, it was hot but, Tuscaloosa can be as hot and more humid in August compared to Dallas.

I'd love to see us open every year in a neutral site location. Alternate between Dallas and Atlanta.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.