News Article: 2015 season likely to be played in Hover

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Alabama is entrenched in negotiations to play its 2015 baseball season at Hoover Metropolitan Stadium, athletic director Bill Battle told AL.com on Tuesday. After this weekend's series against Mississippi State -- barring an NCAA regional in Tuscaloosa -- construction will begin on $35 million worth of renovations to 66-year-old Sewell Thomas Stadium. The renovations will be complete for the 2016 season.
The initial plans called for Alabama to play around the construction, but it ultimately wasn't feasible.
http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2014/05/alabama_in_negotiations_to_pla.html

No big surprise here. While it will suck for the team to have to travel an hour for each home game (will budget allow them to get a hotel for weekend series?) it is the best option if the new stadium won't be ready.

They should draw decent crowds with the Birmingham area fan base so it won't be too bad.

bamanut_aj

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2000
Spring Hill, TN
Side item: is Hoover keeping the Met? Is the city gonna manage it? Will HS teams play there?

I'd like to see the SEC play the tourney at Regions Park. Nashville's new park, 1st TN Park, completed in 2 years.....would like to see them host, also.

But, about the Met......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Regions is too small for the SEC tourney, only seats about 8,500 people.

mark4tide

1st Team
Mar 7, 2005
Hoover, AL
If they do play the 2015 season in Hoover I will buy season tickets. I can do this and take my son and it is a very inexpensive chance for us to hang out.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Side item: is Hoover keeping the Met? Is the city gonna manage it? Will HS teams play there?

I'd like to see the SEC play the tourney at Regions Park. Nashville's new park, 1st TN Park, completed in 2 years.....would like to see them host, also.

But, about the Met......

This is great for me since I live 20 minutes from the Met. Yes, Hoover is keeping the Met. I saw a report on one of the local Bham news channels where they are going to try to turn it into a multiple event venue that includes other events other than sports. Hoover HS has played their football games there for years but I think they are getting an on-campus stadium.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.