Pat White: "Still Glad I Turned Down A 'vette [From Alabama] To Become A Mountaineer

DocCrimson

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2010
East TN
Re: Pat White: "Still Glad I Turned Down A 'vette [From Alabama] To Become A Moun...

My folks bought a Pinto cuz, after we'd moved from Montreal to Toronto, they needed a second car.

It was baby blue, had an 8-Track, and the 2 tapes I had were Johnny Winter [I got a girl named Boney Moroney. She's as skinny as a stick o' macaroni] and CCR [I used to think the words were "There's a bathroom on the right"...]

Now that you mention it, I don't think I had too many dates when the ol' Pinto was my ride... :D

"I hear hurricanes a blowing.
I know the end is coming soon.
I fear things are over flowing.
I feel the groan of rage and ruin.

Well don't hold it in tonight,
Well it's bound to take your life,
There's a bathroom on the right.

Hope you got your things together.
Hope you are quite prepared to die.
Looks like we're in for nasty weather.
One eye is taken for an eye.

Well don't hold it in tonight,
Well it's bound to take your life,
There's a bathroom on the right"

Last edited:

DocCrimson

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2010
East TN
Re: Pat White: "Still Glad I Turned Down A 'vette [From Alabama] To Become A Mountain

Did he ever specify if it was Matchbox or Hot Wheels? It was probably a little too late for it to have been in the Micro Machines hey-day, but he might have been worth 1 or 2 of those 'vettes.

AlabasterBama

3rd Team
Dec 14, 2006
Alabaster, Alabama
Re: Pat White: "Still Glad I Turned Down A 'vette [From Alabama] To Become A Mountain

Shula's DC was Joe Kines, who never did figure out how to stop that little inside trap, but he was one of my favorite guys to hear an interview from.
I was at the Independence Bowl when Okie State ran the inside trap what seems like 40 times and we never stopped it. I also got tired of hearing this
http://fightmusic.com/mp3/big12/Oklahoma_State__OSU_Chant.mp3

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art

I think Mr. White has created an embarrassing moment he did not think he would walk into. Sparky Woods who was on the staff said we did not offer him.

https://alabama.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1641621
This is just absurd on so many levels. A lot of us follow recruiting closely, and we've seen some suspect things go on, but I don't think we've ever seen a recruit with a Corvette have we? Where does he even come up with that nonsense?

But, furthermore, the joke is that Alabama had tepid interest at best. Can we imagine how a conversation between a booster who bought him a Corvette and Shula might have gone?

"Look, I bought him a Corvette, so he's yours"
"What, are you going to get him to walk on?"
"No, but he'll accept a scholarship, he's yours"
"You're not getting it, we didn't offer him a scholarship, we do not want him"
"But... I gave him a Corvette"
"Unless you can get him to walk-on, just leave me alone"

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

I'm fairly sure he said what he did to get under the skin of some Bama Fans he was messing with..He knows it didn't happen & I bet he'll put out a public apology before long for saying it..JMO

Yeah, People can trust what White says. I mean he didn't just say something like that to get some Media attention. After all he is playing with the Edmunton Oilers not wanting to gain attention to his career.;)

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

Most of you have probably forgotten this (I have this memory trouble as you know), but White has already in a round about way called Saban a liar about his alleged recruitment to LSU:

LSU recruited White as an, "athlete," and he knew what that meant. Quarterback wasn't promised. It probably wasn't even on the radar. But when West Virginia began recruiting White only as a quarterback and had a spread offense to custom-fit his skills, LSU changed its tune.

Its coach told White he could play quarterback.

"I didn't think they were being honest," White says.

That's from 2009.

In short, we have a player with an inflated opinion of himself who already holds a grudge against our coach making news. Too bad the media didn't bother to point this out.

Speaking of which - one should have then asked the obvious follow-up to White - what did Saban offer you to come to LSU? Boy wouldn't that have been an interesting answer.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

I haven't read all the post in the thread..Here's another article about it & apologize if it's already been posted..Sorry don't feel like reading all the pages in the thread..LOL

Here's The Link..CLICK ME

ccc2259

All-American
Oct 29, 2010
Lower Alabama

C'mon Pat, 'ol boy......name names and stop with this innuendo garbage. Then face the music when the individual(s) fire back.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Re: Pat White: "Still Glad I Turned Down A 'vette [From Alabama] To Become A Moun...

Pat White is full of it, for one we NEVER wanted him as a QB and for two he wasn't that great of an athlete to deserve a Corvette. He just wanted someone talking about him and he succeeded.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas

I haven't read all the post in the thread..Here's another article about it & apologize if it's already been posted..Sorry don't feel like reading all the pages in the thread..LOL

Here's The Link..CLICK ME
Great article. Gets its digs in, on Clay Travis and API. Has to be a great article!

GeorgiaTider

All-SEC
Oct 30, 2005

When Pat White plays at your school, Rich Rod stays
When Rich Rod stays, you blow your title shot
When you blow your title shot, your coach leaves
When your coach leaves, you hire the first nincompoop in the door
When you hire the first nincompoop through the door, your program craters
When your program craters, you become a laughingstock

Don't be a laughingstock - get DirecTV.
Good stuff. I can't decide if what you wrote here or PW wrote on twitter is funner.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

After mulling over what Pat said about Bama offering him a car..Sounds like he really wanted to come to Bama & we didn't bow down to him, and give in to what he wanted, and that was to play QB here at Bama & that just wasn't going to happen..We don't bow down to no recruit here at Bama.."Cry Me A River Pat" & go on a cry about other issues..If ya have proof, man up, and produce the evidence or shut ya pie hole up little boy..

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.

My question is what all else has White lied about.
He's obviously starved for attention, and will make accusations just to make the news.
Is Canadian news not thrilled with this want to be star?
OR Is Canada no longer covering topics of interest?
Slow news cycle, or no news cycle?

Whether Pat wanted to play for Alabama is immaterial, he couldn't have cut it here.
WRONG KIND OF ATTITUDE...

bvandegraff

All-American
Mar 13, 2014
Albuquerque, NM

Someone should get White a sideline pass for the UA-WVU game so he could discuss the matter personally with Mr. Henry, preferably after he goes off for 175 yds and 2 TDs in a merciless Bama-style bloodletting.

IH8Orange

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2000
Trussville, AL, USA

i have it on good sources that WVU gave Pat White one couch a month from the Morgantown thrift store, a half-gallon of 87 octane gas per couch, and a Zippo lighter with the university logo on it. He was promised a top-of-the-line Lazy Boy for a national championship.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.