Pat White: "Still Glad I Turned Down A 'vette [From Alabama] To Become A Mountaineer

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Re: Pat White: "Still Glad I Turned Down A 'vette [From Alabama] To Become A Mountain

Yeah, it's not hard at all to prove that a total stranger (non relative) bought you a car right after you signed your scholarship commitment. :rolleye2:

bamahippie

All-SEC
Apr 8, 2000
Cullman, AL
Re: Pat White: "Still Glad I Turned Down A 'vette [From Alabama] To Become A Mountain

Just read the bottom of that "article". Lots of interest from SEC schools, but he wanted to play quarterback. He was not going to play QB at Bama at the time. We were recruiting him as an athlete or DB at the time? And we were offering a Vette knowing he wanted to play QB only? Who is he fooling? It's called sour grapes.

im4uainva

All-SEC
Jul 3, 2011
Charlottesville, Va

Right, and when I was a Junior in High School Bama offered me a Maserati and some oceanfront property in Utah but I'm glad I dropped out and joined the Navy instead.

His assertion deserves an LEL (Laughing even louder)

Roll Tide!

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

When Pat White plays at your school, Rich Rod stays
When Rich Rod stays, you blow your title shot
When you blow your title shot, your coach leaves
When your coach leaves, you hire the first nincompoop in the door
When you hire the first nincompoop through the door, your program craters
When your program craters, you become a laughingstock

Don't be a laughingstock - get DirecTV.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL

What's funny is that he was a senior in high school in 2003 when Alabama was already in probation. That guy is a joke and it was fun seeing Hoover shut him and that offense down in the State Championship game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL
Re: Pat White: "Still Glad I Turned Down A 'vette [From Alabama] To Become A Moun...

So we offer 3-star athletes Corvettes but we only offer 5-star running backs Dodges? Seems legit.

This is the dumbest crap I've ever heard anyone say about Bama. He wasn't that great of an athlete coming out if high school. C'mon son!!

Sent from my iPhone

Roll Tide! 15 Time National Champions, More BCS Championships than any school...

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama
Re: Pat White: "Still Glad I Turned Down A 'vette [From Alabama] To Become A Moun...

I call BS on that. He was not that highly thought of coming out of high school. He never would have saw the field at Alabama. No way someone would have made that offer to him. I don't think he knew how much those comments would blow up. I bet he just wanted to insert himself in to the conversation.

BamaMark.

1st Team
Jun 21, 2012

If I'm DH I'm PO'd about this. Either at PW for insinuating that the university is providing my car or at CNS because I only got a challenger...

257WBY

Suspended
Aug 20, 2011

I'll play along, Pat. Just what did WV give you to pass up a Vette and the greatest program in football?

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

I'll play along, Pat. Just what did WV give you to pass up a Vette and the greatest program in football?
He'd say a chance to play qb. Truth is, had he played DB he might still be playing if he's as good as he apparently thinks he is.

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012

He'd say a chance to play qb. Truth is, had he played DB he might still be playing if he's as good as he apparently thinks he is.
Ever consider it was 'Bama baseball that made the 'vette offer? - always got lots of money and enticements to throw around for a sure-fire major league outfielder. Wait a minute...

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

I can see Pat White telling the truth. Probably went down like this:

Some random Bama fan in Daphne said "Hey Pat, you go to Bama and I's give you a Corvette. RTR, Pat!!"

Since he wasn't offered a scholarship and claimed he left the state because he wanted to play QB, I seriously doubt anyone in the position to be a "bagman" or "car dealer" would have offered him a Corvette.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.