Link: APR scores are out

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
That is really something to be proud of, and should be about a 20 page thread of Bama fans offering congratulations.
Wonder if that will come to fruition?
Roll Tide Bama!! Keep up those academics!! It truly matters the most.
sip

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
What is real fun is seeing UNC and NC State's scores. I know that doesn't mean much in Bama, but up here all I hear is how great their academics are compared to the SEC. Right!

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Can someone put those numbers in perspective for me? Everyone is over 900, and I don't know what is considered a 'bad' score.
A multi-year APR score of 930 over four years and 940 over two years is the minimum to avoid losing practice dates / postseason play.

TouchThatThang

All-SEC
Feb 8, 2014
So we're ahead of all the major powers except Nebraska and Michigan. Not bad. Not bad at all. LSU, Tennessee, USC, Oklahoma, and Texas are way down there.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Okie Lite has lost a day of football practice per week due to their score.
Missed it by *that* much, too:
“OSU fell a fraction of a point shy of avoiding penalty, with its number at 929.41 for the last four years. Had the Cowboys been at 929.50, the number would have been rounded up, meaning they missed by nine-one-hundreds of a point.”
Missing out by small margins seems to be Okie Lite's big thing nowadays... :biggrin:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Okie Lite has lost a day of football practice per week due to their score.
This is so dumb. "Ok boys, your punishment for not making the grades is one less day of practice each week. We know you'll use that time in study hall."

This is more of a prize, than punishment.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
This is so dumb. "Ok boys, your punishment for not making the grades is one less day of practice each week. We know you'll use that time in study hall."

Well, it is one less day they have to prep for the next game. They may not spend the time studying, but it will hurt the on the field.

Congrats to all our athletes for their hard work off the field.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

I suspect you'll see how this prize plays out on the field - losing 20% of their practice time will hurt Okie Lite.

And that's the point.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Well, it is one less day they have to prep for the next game. They may not spend the time studying, but it will hurt the on the field.

Congrats to all our athletes for their hard work off the field.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I suspect you'll see how this prize plays out on the field - losing 20% of their practice time will hurt Okie Lite.

And that's the point.
When this was first announced Wednesday, some media folks tweeted they asked coaches of other schools what day they would cut. Easy answer for the coaches - Friday.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.