Link: Saban on Cam Robinson

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
HAHA..This is exactly why my "Man-Crush" for Coach Saban grows stronger every minute that he's our HC

Saban responded: "I didn't even know it happened, so I can't comment on it. I didn't even know it happened."
He then turned to Purinton and smiled and laughed, saying "Was that the best thing we could talk about? Kiss my a**.."

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
I think the D line will be outstanding, and going against them in practice can only help the O line.
Seriously, I think the defense in its entirety (but it all starts with the front 7) will win at least one, maybe two games for Bama - and it could be as many as three. O line should have time to gel and I think they will. So much talent at the skill positions that, if QB is not a "problem" area, if the O line is only "good" it might be enough.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Not sure about starting a true freshman left tackle. He will end up being a very good player but he will give up plenty of sacks and negative plays. Probably the best experience to learn on the job though.

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
Not sure about starting a true freshman left tackle. He will end up being a very good player but he will give up plenty of sacks and negative plays. Probably the best experience to learn on the job though.
Im guessing that if Cam Robinson starts, the coaches think he'll give up less negative plays and sacks thhan the next best option....maybe he's just that good.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Im guessing that if Cam Robinson starts, the coaches think he'll give up less negative plays and sacks thhan the next best option....maybe he's just that good.
No. Cam just has a much higher ceiling so they would rather take their lumps with him this year and then next two years he will be All-SEC and AA. The line is hardest position for freshman to come in and play. He will struggle a decent amount. Not saying its a bad move *if* he starts but don't have unreal expectations for a true freshman left tackle.

TouchThatThang

All-SEC
Feb 8, 2014
I think he means Cam is the "functioning" left tackle, as of right now. When Dominick Jackson comes in for the fall he will be given an opportunity to compete for a starting tackle job. He may beat Cam or Sheppard out, or he may ride the bench. But in no way does the comment make Cam's job "safe"...or absolute. He will have to work hard to hold onto that position.

TouchThatThang

All-SEC
Feb 8, 2014
How our Oline looked during A-Day I don't know if Cam Robinson being the left starter gives me the warm and fuzzies.
Well he had only been in Tuscaloosa for a couple of months. His grasp of the offense is weak, I'm sure. And we have some studs on our front seven.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
You know Coach Saban said he felt like this year we'd be, "Starting over".
I've not seen it mentioned, but is there a possibility that he feels he's "starting from scratch", or in a way, "Rebuilding"?
I'm not saying one way or the other, but if that's the case, then I think he'll get the young young players with great potential on the field as soon as possible and let them learn from mistakes. I said last winter, it wouldn't surprise me if we have two or three true freshmen O-linemen who see substantial playing time.
Might be the case with Cam.

bamanix

1st Team
Mar 24, 2010
my take is cam is probably better than anyone we have. I really don't expect a lot from our returning young men on the OL. really, we thought we had a solid line last year early, and they were average. the best we had was cyrus, and steen. big drop after them two. this year, even worse unless the youngster produce. I expect cam to start, and a good chance Jackson when he gets in will play. I like all the new young bulls, and they will push for jobs.

TUSKtimes

1st Team
Sep 18, 2008
Right here, Right now
Getting back to Saban's point on reserve talent, I doubt his comments spark a rush on sympathy cards from other coaches. Not too many football programs can replace a 5*, number one tackle in the nation with a 5*, number one tackle in the nation. Every rep Cam Robinson takes only gets him closer to his unlimited potential. I'm not afraid to watch.

deltatider

1st Team
Nov 29, 2005
I think he means Cam is the "functioning" left tackle, as of right now. When Dominick Jackson comes in for the fall he will be given an opportunity to compete for a starting tackle job. He may beat Cam or Sheppard out, or he may ride the bench. But in no way does the comment make Cam's job "safe"...or absolute. He will have to work hard to hold onto that position.
D. Jackson will likely have an effect on our starting 5. I hope is as good as advertised because it is a bit scary to have a true freshman as the starting LT.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.