Mini Van vs. Smart Car

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
Mini Van:

Smart Car:

I'm not sure if the air bag would have been much help to the poor bastage in the sawed off one.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
That's a lot more than would be left if that roller skate had run into my 1999 Suburban.
Truth.

It's why you can actually hear my eyes rolling when people try to tell me how 'safe' the Smart car is - it's safe when tested against similar-sized vehicles, but you can't beat physics...

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Mini Van:

Smart Car:

I'm not sure if the air bag would have been much help to the poor bastage in the sawed off one.
I'd honestly like to see some better pics of the Smart. Everything but the drivers seat appears gone. Telling me that the Smarts design may have meant the driver survived and could even be ok. Passenger though, I really hope there was no passenger

gmart74

Hall of Fame
Oct 9, 2005
Baltimore, Md
I saw a sales pitch for them that said they were designed to use the other vehicle's crumple zone to make up for their lack of physical space to crumple. im no engineer, but it appears from those pics that the minivan didnt get that memo.

pluckngrit

Suspended
Nov 2, 2003
I saw a sales pitch for them that said they were designed to use the other vehicle's crumple zone to make up for their lack of physical space to crumple. im no engineer, but it appears from those pics that the minivan didnt get that memo.
I've always loved saying.....crumple zone.

gmart74

Hall of Fame
Oct 9, 2005
Baltimore, Md
Here is an article about it with more pictures. I would never feel safe in that smart car.

http://www.cecildaily.com/news/local_news/article_6057c8e8-da54-59cd-9fc0-f9d8b4334a9d.html?mode=jqm
According to police, Mumey was driving a 2005 Chrysler Town & Country van in the southbound lane of Jacob Tome Highway about 4 p.m. when his vehicle crossed the center line and veered into the northbound path of a 2013 Smart Car driven by Laroue, police said.
i was close. old person almost = irate soccer mom.

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
Dear Mrs. Bohdi,

You husband always makes fun of you on Tide Fans. Please consider putting flaming bamboo shoots under his fingernails.

Signed,
A Friend

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
Dear Mrs. Bohdi,

You husband always makes fun of you on Tide Fans. Please consider putting flaming bamboo shoots under his fingernails.

Signed,
A Friend

Dear Friend:

Thank you for suggestion. I much too small to try torture Mr. Bodhi. I very smart though, and I do his laundry. I think "flaming shorts" a much better idea.

With much appreciation

Mrs. Bodhi

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.