Bumpy Road to Hoover

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
Bama must beat Mississippi State today AND have MO beat Ark to avoid the #8 seed. Which would mean playing #9 UK, with the winner playing #1 UF. Double :frown: :frown:

Getting the #7 seed would mean playing #10 atm, with the winner playing #2 Ole Miss. Single :frown:

In either case, lose and go home. First round is single elimination.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
Bama did their part, but MO can't win for losing. Went to the 9th up 5-1 over Ark and gave up 4 runs. Now playing in the 11th.

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
Arkansas beat Missouri in 11. Therefore, Bama falls to the 8th seed and plays Kentucky on Tuesday. If there is ever a hard way to do something, we always manage to find it. At least we're still playing.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Arkansas beat Missouri in 11. Therefore, Bama falls to the 8th seed and plays Kentucky on Tuesday. If there is ever a hard way to do something, we always manage to find it. At least we're still playing.
I'm not worried about the SEC tournament. I want us to play well of course, but the grind of this tourney can wear you out for the NCAA tourney. Play well and if we win, we win but lets get better and rested for the big tourney.

ReturnToGlory

All-American
Nov 22, 2006
Blakely, Georgia
A lot of big IFs follows.....but if Turnbull & Kamplain continue their good work, I feel good about our chance in the regional. Scoring will be the key. And I know we are all pessimistic about that right now.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Yep looks like we're going back to Tallahassee. Now the SEC Tourney more than likely decides if we are a 2 or 3 seed.
No real difference in being the two or three seed in a regional except the two seed gets to bat last. I'd just want to avoid being fourth but that honor usually goes to the SWAC champ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
Yep looks like we're going back to Tallahassee. Now the SEC Tourney more than likely decides if we are a 2 or 3 seed.
This is the down side to auburn not being good, for years they were always being paired with the Semi-holes. In their absence, we've been drawing that spot. I'd much prefer almost any other destination.

ReturnToGlory

All-American
Nov 22, 2006
Blakely, Georgia
This is the down side to auburn not being good, for years they were always being paired with the Semi-holes. In their absence, we've been drawing that spot. I'd much prefer almost any other destination.
Georgia is another team that has been sent to Tallahassee some and they have not been good lately either.

bamajake

1st Team
Sep 27, 2001
Tuscaloosa, Alabama, USA
Tallahassee isn't the only possible destination although it is pretty likely. Two weeks ago, collegebaseballdaily.com projected us as the 2 seed at Lafayette. Last week they had us as the two at Miami. Of course, they had Mississippi State as the 3 at Tallahassee. My guess is that this week's projection will have us as the 3 in Tallahassee and Mississippi State as the 2 in Miami. Oh well, we will know for sure in a few days.

bamajake

1st Team
Sep 27, 2001
Tuscaloosa, Alabama, USA
My guess was partially correct. Collegebaseballdaily does have Miss. St. as the 2 at Miami but they still have us as a 2 ... at Oklahoma State. Their projections have the two regions paired up so a potential rematch with Miss. St. would be in the offing if both teams were able to advance.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.