Some of the worst helmet designs I have ever seen

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I hope we never change our uniforms or helmets. Way to gimmicky for me to get on board with. Tradition trumps gimmicks and artificial excitement to me.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Yep that is mainly garbage. I'd much rather bring out the white helmets which I think should be a mainstay but I know that is like slapping your Momma around Bama fans:biggrin2:

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
Yep that is mainly garbage. I'd much rather bring out the white helmets which I think should be a mainstay but I know that is like slapping your Momma around Bama fans:biggrin2:
As long as CNS is the HC, I don't think we'll ever see them. Of course since the white helmets technically wouldn't be anything new for Alabama. I think it would be more acceptable than what teams like Oregon or Maryland do. Bottom line that's the only "change" I'd ever tolerate and that would just be for one game. Like maybe homecoming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
White helmets would be fine with me. But I hate the houndstooth pattern and would not want it on ours.

I agree Florida's is pretty good and I also like Kentucky's. Vandy's I would call "not bad" along with Mississippi State.

The Barn's suggestion is hideous so I hope they use it.

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
I agree on the Gators helmet. However, in helmet high school, this guy was voted "Most Heinous":

I've always thought the Bengals' helmets were kinda cool. So, to me this one doesn't suck. (The helmet, not the "school"):

And, I think Tennesee's helmet is OK. But, only because LESS orange is ALWAYS an improvement.

Last edited:

mdb-tpet

All-SEC
Sep 2, 2004
Most of the helmet designs look so desperate and/or corporate. Puke. Yeah, count me in the old-school is better. And, I'm not one of those typical tradition guys. Unless...we want to wear 100% houndstooth. It would be so bad, it could be awesome. Maybe it would even work like a heard of zebras by confusing a defense as to where the guy is moving that they are supposed to be defending.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.