Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

QB Travis Waller Commits to Oregon

247 Profile

Story here

Alabama coaches are covering plenty of ground in a search for a quarterback in the 2015 signing class.

Travis Waller, who stars at Servite High School in Anaheim, Calif., recently picked up an offer from the Crimson Tide. Waller, who stands 6-foot-4 and weighs 195 pounds according to Servite head coach A.J. Gass, is a four-star prospect on 247Sports and rated as the No. 3 dual-threat quarterback in the country by that service.

Gass said he spoke with Alabama offensive coordinator Lane Kiffin on May 5 when Kiffin was in the area. He came to watch Waller throw and extended an offer over the weekend.

"I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame TideMan09's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Re: Alabama Offers 4* Dual-Threat QB Travis Waller

He's got a really good touch passing the ball, I love how he leads his WR's, when he throws the ball to them..Most dual threat QB's hasn't developed that good of a touch in high school & this kid already has..And he doesn't run a 100yds sideways, to pick up 10yrd going north & south, he simply secures the ball(and doesn't hold it like a hot tater), and goes nrth & south running the ball & consistently picks up big chunks of yards..I hope we get this kid, but, until we prove to Dual Threat kinda QB's, that we'll actually allow them to consistently run with the ball, I just don't think we will pick-up the higher rated Dual Threat running QB's like this young stud..I hope I'm proved wrong about that & he pulls the trigger early & starts helping us recruit for this class..

Quote Originally Posted by TideMan09 View Post
    He's got a really good touch passing the ball, I love how he leads his WR's, when he throws the ball to them..Most dual threat QB's hasn't developed that good of a touch in high school & this kid already has..And he doesn't run a 100yds sideways, to pick up 10yrd going north & south, he simply secures the ball(and doesn't hold it like a hot tater), and goes nrth & south running the ball & consistently picks up big chunks of yards..I hope we get this kid, but, until we prove to Dual Threat kinda QB's, that we'll actually allow them to consistently run with the ball, I just don't think we will pick-up the higher rated Dual Threat running QB's like this young stud..I hope I'm proved wrong about that & he pulls the trigger early & starts helping us recruit for this class..
    Unfortunately, looks like a natural for the Gus Bus.

My Mood
    Inspired on TideFans.com

Best thing about this Is he can run too. We'll see how this pans out,From cal to Al is a big culture shock for some.Would have to know the kid in that respect. You never know he may like the south.
    This is the beginning of a new day.God has given me this day to use as I will. I can waste it or or use it for good.What I do today is very important because Im exchanging a day of my life for it.When tommorow comes,this day will be gone forever. Leaving something in its place I have traded for it. I want it to be a gain, not loss - good, not evil. Success, not failure in order that I Shall not forget the price I paid for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tideflyer View Post
    Based on geography alone, he would seem more natural for Oregon, Arizona, or even UCLA.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tideflyer View Post
    Gus already has a QB commit for the 2015 class. Highly doubt he's considering Auburn at the moment.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

(In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

BamaNation Hall of Fame Bodhisattva's Avatar
    My Mood
    Bookworm on TideFans.com

Does he prefer Corvettes or Chargers?
    Bodhi

Lily (age 6): Daddy, I know what I want to be when I grow up: an artist.
    Bodhi (internally groaning): Yeah? What kind of artist?
    Lily: A balloon animal artist!
    Bodhi (face palm)

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideMan09's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Or Cam's buy rate..Which was $250,000 if I remember correctly..
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Does he prefer Corvettes or Chargers?

Oddly, his top two schools have not offered (per 247) - Ohio State and Oregon.

Honestly, considering both of those schools are basically telling him, "Yeah, we know of you kid - but we're gonna wait and see if our first choice comes here before offering" - you have to like our chances.
    Honey Badger can take what the Tide gives him and like it.

Quote Originally Posted by skrayper77 View Post
    Oddly, his top two schools have not offered (per 247) - Ohio State and Oregon.

Honestly, considering both of those schools are basically telling him, "Yeah, we know of you kid - but we're gonna wait and see if our first choice comes here before offering" - you have to like our chances.
    I have the opposite reaction to that tidbit, which is to say that Waller seems to be making it fairly clear that his true preference is to play QB in an spread-based, up-tempo attack, and not a traditional pro-style scheme like we have at Alabama. I'd imagine he'll find one before it's all said and done, too, even if it's not necessarily Ohio State or Oregon.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Now, Waller tells 247 Auburn is showing interest. That would mean AU doesn't feel confident about Torrance Gibson or Waller is trying to pressure Ohio State or Oregon into offering.
    Coach Bryant

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    Now, Waller tells 247 Auburn is showing interest. That would mean AU doesn't feel confident about Torrance Gibson or Waller is trying to pressure Ohio State or Oregon into offering.
    As I said earlier....

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Waller says he's "making an announcement" tonight. Notre Dame offered last week.
    Coach Bryant