QB Travis Waller Commits to Oregon

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
247 Profile

Story here

Alabama coaches are covering plenty of ground in a search for a quarterback in the 2015 signing class.

Travis Waller, who stars at Servite High School in Anaheim, Calif., recently picked up an offer from the Crimson Tide. Waller, who stands 6-foot-4 and weighs 195 pounds according to Servite head coach A.J. Gass, is a four-star prospect on 247Sports and rated as the No. 3 dual-threat quarterback in the country by that service.

Gass said he spoke with Alabama offensive coordinator Lane Kiffin on May 5 when Kiffin was in the area. He came to watch Waller throw and extended an offer over the weekend.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Re: Alabama Offers 4* Dual-Threat QB Travis Waller

He's got a really good touch passing the ball, I love how he leads his WR's, when he throws the ball to them..Most dual threat QB's hasn't developed that good of a touch in high school & this kid already has..And he doesn't run a 100yds sideways, to pick up 10yrd going north & south, he simply secures the ball(and doesn't hold it like a hot tater), and goes nrth & south running the ball & consistently picks up big chunks of yards..I hope we get this kid, but, until we prove to Dual Threat kinda QB's, that we'll actually allow them to consistently run with the ball, I just don't think we will pick-up the higher rated Dual Threat running QB's like this young stud..I hope I'm proved wrong about that & he pulls the trigger early & starts helping us recruit for this class..

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

He's got a really good touch passing the ball, I love how he leads his WR's, when he throws the ball to them..Most dual threat QB's hasn't developed that good of a touch in high school & this kid already has..And he doesn't run a 100yds sideways, to pick up 10yrd going north & south, he simply secures the ball(and doesn't hold it like a hot tater), and goes nrth & south running the ball & consistently picks up big chunks of yards..I hope we get this kid, but, until we prove to Dual Threat kinda QB's, that we'll actually allow them to consistently run with the ball, I just don't think we will pick-up the higher rated Dual Threat running QB's like this young stud..I hope I'm proved wrong about that & he pulls the trigger early & starts helping us recruit for this class..
Unfortunately, looks like a natural for the Gus Bus.

ontopp

All-SEC
Jan 31, 2004
Decatur.Alabama

Best thing about this Is he can run too. We'll see how this pans out,From cal to Al is a big culture shock for some.Would have to know the kid in that respect. You never know he may like the south.

skrayper77

All-American
Sep 4, 2003

Oddly, his top two schools have not offered (per 247) - Ohio State and Oregon.

Honestly, considering both of those schools are basically telling him, "Yeah, we know of you kid - but we're gonna wait and see if our first choice comes here before offering" - you have to like our chances.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

Oddly, his top two schools have not offered (per 247) - Ohio State and Oregon.

Honestly, considering both of those schools are basically telling him, "Yeah, we know of you kid - but we're gonna wait and see if our first choice comes here before offering" - you have to like our chances.
I have the opposite reaction to that tidbit, which is to say that Waller seems to be making it fairly clear that his true preference is to play QB in an spread-based, up-tempo attack, and not a traditional pro-style scheme like we have at Alabama. I'd imagine he'll find one before it's all said and done, too, even if it's not necessarily Ohio State or Oregon.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Now, Waller tells 247 Auburn is showing interest. That would mean AU doesn't feel confident about Torrance Gibson or Waller is trying to pressure Ohio State or Oregon into offering.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

Now, Waller tells 247 Auburn is showing interest. That would mean AU doesn't feel confident about Torrance Gibson or Waller is trying to pressure Ohio State or Oregon into offering.
As I said earlier....

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Waller says he's "making an announcement" tonight. Notre Dame offered last week.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

Waller says he's "making an announcement" tonight. Notre Dame offered last week.
May be something, may be nothing. Hard to say, really. An "announcement" these days can be a commitment, or it can be some kid giving his top ten list on Instagram...

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

May be something, may be nothing. Hard to say, really. An "announcement" these days can be a commitment, or it can be some kid giving his top ten list on Instagram...
Very true. I doubt Waller commits to Bama but figure might as well update since there's no real discussion on the page during the summer.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

Very true. I doubt Waller commits to Bama but figure might as well update since there's no real discussion on the page during the summer.
For now it looks like he is just announcing favorites, which is really no announcement at all in my book.

I will add, though, that Ohio State picked up a commitment from Joe Burrow last week. Seems like we can cross them off the short list for Waller.

FWIW, looks like Notre Dame is the team out in front for Waller now. Interestingly enough, Notre Dame recently lost the commitment of QB prospect Blake Barnett, who recently de-committed and who now looks headed to Oregon (which, I believe, is where Waller really wants to go). That is what led to Notre Dame offering Waller, and they seem to have all of the momentum in his recruitment now. For the time being, there is really not a lot out there to indicate that 'Bama is a particularly serious player here.

Last edited:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Re: QB Travis Waller Updates (Alabama Offers)

Got this from the Notre Dame 247 page (not VIP).

The nation's No. 2 dual-threat quarterback Travis Waller will announce his finalists on his Twitter account (@TravisWaller11) at 7 p.m. PST tonight. Waller will then set up his summer visit plans on Tuesday. Per Tim Watts of Bamaoline.com, Waller's first visit will be to Alabama on Tuesday and Wednesday. The Anaheim (CA) Servite standout plans to visit each of his finalists in late June and early July before making a July decision. Notre Dame currently has a 78-percent lead on the Crystal Ball.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Bama offered Quinten Dormady last week. He committed to Tennessee today. Waller should get a full push during his visit.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Waller's announcement was this picture of his top four (in no order) and he'll commit on July 1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.