ESPN's John Clayton Praises Norwood At Seattle's Rookie Camp

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Yes, as everyone on Tidefans knows I'm a Norwood fan. Probably over zealously.
I was listening to ESPN Radio yesterday. They interviewed John Clayton who had been visiting several NFL Rookie Camps.
He said the most impressive camp he had seen was in Seattle, and he singled out their two rookie receivers.
He said, "My goodness, Kevin Norwood and Paul Richardson from Colorado were the best players on the field. Norwood catches "everything"! These two guys are really going to help make Seattle, maybe even stronger offensively than they were in a Super Bowl winning year".
I had to smile.
You go Kev!
sip

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
It is always nice to see a great young man get the positive press. Wishing Norwood the best!
I think that was the first time I've ever heard Kevin singled out like that. I know he's determined as heck. He realizes his opportunity, probably more than anybody. He had a pretty tough time growing up. I'm just glad he played at D'Iberville High School for Buddy Singleton, one of the best men and old school discipline high school coaches I've ever known.

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
I was listening to ESPN Radio yesterday. They interviewed John Clayton who had been visiting several NFL Rookie Camps.
He said the most impressive camp he had seen was in Seattle, and he singled out their two rookie receivers.
He said, "My goodness, Kevin Norwood and Paul Richardson from Colorado were the best players on the field. Norwood catches "everything"! These two guys are really going to help make Seattle, maybe even stronger offensively than they were in a Super Bowl winning year".
I had to smile.
You go Kev!
sip
Probably?

I kid - Norwood is the man, and I'm looking forward to him dominating the NFC West. Hope he says hi to Peterson and the Honey Badger.

TouchThatThang

All-SEC
Feb 8, 2014
And to think Norwood was considering life after football in case the NFL "didn't work out." Richardson is nothing to scoff at either. He can be electrifying when he wants to be. The Seahawks offense should be worlds better provided the OL stays healthier than last year.

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
Norwood is nothing but clutch. I've seen that high school field. Tough place.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I believe Norwood was one of the best players over these past 4 seasons.

I also believe he had elite skills that he didn't always get to showcase because he was filling the role that he was needed in the most. IMO, Seattle got a steal.

IGetBuckets

Suspended
Jan 13, 2014
One thing I have noticed here, that has become more apparent since I started posting - unless you have many thousands of posts, no one really responds or gives you the time of day.

Gonna stick it out a bit here though, and maybe I will not feel so invisible

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama
One thing I have noticed here, that has become more apparent since I started posting - unless you have many thousands of posts, no one really responds or gives you the time of day.

Have you been called a barner because you don't think they're all inbred hicks in Lee County yet? You have much to look forward to.

Last edited:

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
I had to smile.
You go Kev!
sip
That`s just great! Kevin may not be top of mind when there`s mention of the "elite" WR`s in the league, but it will come as no surprise if KN doesn`t end up as Wilson`s "go to guy" when he needs anywhere from 8-15 yards. If that happens, Kevin will be able to live quite comfortably. Couldn`t happen to a better young man, apparently.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama

Don't worry about responses. Unfortunately it is the off season and slow news unless you are an NFL fan which I am not. Keep plugging and as the season get closer things will pick up. Glad to have you with us Roll Tide.

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham

There are some posters, like AlaSippi, who people recognize and look for their posts because they have a history of providing good information and sparking interesting discussion. I've been here for a eight or nine years and I don't even pay attention to who made about 90% of the posts I read. IMO, it's what the post says, not who made it, that matters. Hang in there. I love all my Bama brothers! And, my Barner wife. :biggrin2:

Last edited:

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.