Link: LSU AD -Alabama Fans Will Need 'Telescopes' To See Field At Expanded Tiger Stadium

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Keep it classy Swamp Kittens..Looks like The Barn isn't the only school we've caused to suffer from the "Little Brother" Syndrome..I thought LSWho was better than that..I reckon not..LOL

Here'The Link..CLICK ME

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
As several have pointed out on social media and the radio, who does he expect to use telescopes from those seats when LSU plays Sam Houston State?

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Yes, Luke, from January 9, 2012, great the butt-hurt is.

To this day, gnash their teeth and tear their flesh the swamp people do at its mention. Comfort them not, for weakness they will see it as.

Mask their fear with loud procolamations they do. But remember, fear your weapon is. Understand this fear, and to your advantage use it.

Last edited:

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Alternate headline: School That Spent 85+ Million on Stadium Expansion Openly Bragging About How Terrible the Views Are from New Seats

Really, I couldn't care less about the dig at Alabama (though the crimson envy with that bunch continues to be comical), because it's basically custom and practice now to stick opposing fans with the worst seats in the stadium, but why in the world would anyone in charge of such a massive expenditure ever openly brag about how terrible the views from the new addition are? Presumably, he's smart enough to know that he's going to have to convince people to spend large sums of money on a routine basis just to take in these terrible views. Then again...

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Do not give students the opportunity to use them. We've seen how that works out.
We have.

Incidentally, in an age of 52-inch TVs with 1080p HD display for less than $650, we have also seen how general fan bases react when they get the "opportunity" to buy these satellite-in-orbit seats at high prices. In other words, there is a reason why students often-times get these seats dumped in their laps...

TheAccountant

All-SEC
Mar 22, 2011
Birmingham
Reading his bio it sounds like he's trying to "flip" Tiger Stadium for a quick sale than to renovate it.

Alleva’s vision will keep LSU among the nation’s leaders in athletic facilities. He launched an aggressive fund-raising campaign to replace several hundred windows in Tiger Stadium that were in disrepair, and a new coating to the facade of the structure has given the old stadium new life. A renovated gating system on the west side of the stadium debuted in the fall of 2012 to include a plaza that celebrates LSU’s football national championships and recognition walls that honor Tiger All-Americans.
A new lighting system was installed prior to last season that turns the upper archways of the north end of the stadium purple and gold and lights the iconic "LSU" on the stadium's north scoreboard. In addition, "Tiger Stadium" in 10-foot tall illuminated letters sits just below the west upper deck facing Nicholson Drive.
http://www.lsusports.net/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=1504631

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Exactly BET..As I was reading the article I was thinking to myself that their own AD is basically saying the seating will be awful from the renovation..
Alternate headline: School That Spent 85+ Million on Stadium Expansion Openly Bragging About How Terrible the Views Are from New Seats

Really, I couldn't care less about the dig at Alabama (though the crimson envy with that bunch continues to be comical), because it's basically custom and practice now to stick opposing fans with the worst seats in the stadium, but why in the world would anyone in charge of such a massive expenditure ever openly brag about how terrible the views from the new addition are? Presumably, he's smart enough to know that he's going to have to convince people to spend large sums of money on a routine basis just to take in these terrible views. Then again...

lelandhorne

1st Team
Sep 21, 2013
Telling you guys Baylor's new stadium is the future. Quality over quantity. Enticing people to put down the remote to their soon to be 4K TV isn't going to be done by overpricing nose bleed seats.

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
I went to Baton Rouge 3 years ago. My wife and I were on the last row on top. My wife said "I can see Tuscaloosa from here." We were a long, long way up.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.