Link: LSU AD -Alabama Fans Will Need 'Telescopes' To See Field At Expanded Tiger Stadium

Bad Pony

All-American
Nov 14, 1999
Pelham
10 years from now schools may be going the way of Legion field and taking down these monster upper decks because they look bad on TV being empty.Times are changing and LSU is late to the party.
It had nothing to do with being empty, the upper deck was condemned due to structural problems...although once we left, they did stay pretty much empty.

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
Wasn't that why the "Jumbotron" was invented?

Seriously, I think more people will start staying at home and watching it on TV if they can't get a good seat. The people that can afford it will get really good seats at the Coliseum in the Lower level no matter the team and the lower classes will get the "nosebleed" sections of the upper level no matter which team you cheer for. Middle Class will stay home and watch it on TV.

I mean who wants to sit by these guys?

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
None if this would matter. Bama/LSU fans will just buy someone else's tickets at a higher price. Happens every year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
The wife and I talked about going to the aTm-BAMA game this fall. By the time we factor in hotel in Tuscaloosa for 2 nights, airplane tickets, game tickets, parking, rental car, gas, transportation to/from airport in Dallas we'd be spending right at $2k to sit in the lower bowl near the 20/30 yard line. For $500 more we can go buy a new 65" UltraDef 4K TV and have a much better view of the game.

I used to go back to at least 1 game every year but, the cost and fact you are just crammed into BDS, I've been to 4 BAMA games since 2007. of those 4, only 1 in BDS, LSU in 2011. Jerry World in 2012 and Miami in 2013 were much better venues than BDS from a viewing experience. Chair back seats vs being crammed on bleachers and in the case of Miami, IMO better sight lines. The other game was Pasadena and while the bathroom and tunnel situation sucked, the sight line IMO was better.

I am not bashing BDS, I just agree with what someone else posted, a 85K-90K stadium with all chair back seats would provide a better viewing experience. I sat on the first few rows of the north upper endzone for BAMA-LSU game in 2011. I couldn't imagine trying to watch the game from where the LSU fans were stuck 30 rows behind us.

Take 5K seats from the students and reduce visitor seating by 5K seats you could almost remove the top 15 rows of the upper decks and go to all chair back seats except for maybe the students section. Will never happen but....

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
You know, if my AD made a statement like that, I would remember that the next time he came looking for money on a major improvement of facilities. He kind of slammed his own stadium before it's even finished......:cool:

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Pricing may have to adjusted, but with 20,000+ on the waiting list I don't really see where we would have a foreseeable problem filling the stadium even at its current capacity. Realistically the student needs to lose about 5000 seats right now just because the demand is not there. Opening those seats to the general public would increase revenue on those seats fivefold.
Provided the football team maintains its recent level of success, then no, major changes aren't necessary at the moment.

But if (when) on-field success dips, it's going to take more than a simple price adjustment to maintain full capacity on a consistent basis. If we have another period like, say, '03-'06 with 100,000+ seats to fill every time a Middle Tennessee or Florida International comes to town, you're going to see some really brutal attendance at those lesser games.

Last edited:

CSA4Ever

Scout Team
Jun 6, 2010
I agree with Coach Saban (and others) that all the top teams need to make a better effort to book more competitive teams. A creampuff opener may be OK occasionally to serve as an uncontrolled scrimmage.

When I was a youngster I enjoyed blow out games and was able to guess the score before kickoff. As I got old, I no longer wanted to buy season tickets to watch games that never should have happened.

If fans are to pay huge prices, I think it only right to be able to see some real contests. Besides, competition only makes a team stronger.

Just one old man's opinion.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.