Field day flyer says winning will be kept at a minimum

crimson fan man

Hall of Fame
Aug 12, 2002
Athens Al
This is when children need to learn that there are winners and losers. Some are better at certain things then others. How does this help the kids in preparing for their future?

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
When I read winning was to be kept at a minimum, I assumed this was a field day being held at Jordan-Hare Stadium.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011

They just don't want to see students/children excel in sports/athletic endeavors. This is also probably true in the classroom for academic studies.

I always tell my grand kids to be the best they can be and not to settle for mediocrity. I tell them that if they do not do their best, then they are only hurting that person that they see in the mirror each day!

This field day emphasizes mediocrity. In life don't do your best, just have fun coming in a tie for last place.

Oh also, when it's time to get a job in this cold, cruel world, don't worry since the educational system has been dummed down. Dumb will be competing against dumber! Uh oh! It's required that everyone be dumber!

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
At least they don't need to bother teaching the kids how to write a resume. Who would hire someone who doesn't try to excel at anything?

Otoh, that's a perfect recipe for a new generation of welfare recipients..:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I wonder exactly how they are going to curtail winning. If they have a game or contest of some sort, someone will win. Even if you don't pass out ribbons, there will still be winners and losers and those playing will know who won.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
The upside to this sort of mindset - which is so rampant among parents today - is that those of us who instill and support the competitive spirit in our children will be able to enjoy watching them as they surpass these whiny idiots in their lives / careers with relative ease.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I wonder exactly how they are going to curtail winning. If they have a game or contest of some sort, someone will win. Even if you don't pass out ribbons, there will still be winners and losers and those playing will know who won.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
they could play soccer

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
"teach the children quietly, for someday sons and daughters will rise up and fight while we stood still"
Which is exactly the point, I think. Teach them, while they are young, to not emphasize "winning". It will make it that much easier to defeat them when and where it really counts.

The "American Spirit" is to win. Win every game, every engagement and every war. To be victorious over all opponents and enemies. Attitudes like the above will do nothing but kill that spirit.
We don't need that.

64met

All-American
Oct 12, 2007
Well, in todays world with the messiah running our country... this is perfect.... From the messiah, everyone should get a fair and equal shot! This country has become a joke. Don't want to hurt anyones feelings.....

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.