Link: Yeldon's Demise has been Greatly Exaggerated

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
His fumbling is due to too much effort, actually. They've happened in such critical moments because it's usually him trying stretch out for a score or a first down. He's trying too hard to get that extra yard instead of just focusing on ball security.

JMO.
That wasn't the case at A&M this year. He just ran straight into a tackle and he had failed to secure the ball before being hit.

The problem with fumblitis is it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy, as defensive players are coached to try and rip the ball out of certain opponents' hands.
I hope TJ really makes this a point of emphasis this year and has 0 fumbles in 20014/15. His record on that score, if past trends continue, will cost him dearly a year from now.
Here, I think, is the standard:

Last edited:

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
This articles really is focused on the traits he brings to the game as a running back, highlighting all the things he can do that can be a game changer, and yet.... everyone is here talking about the negative traits: the fumbling... I'm going to shift the focus of the fumbling issues to something positive. I really do like the fact He can change the direction at the last minute notice, and you don't know where he is going. I think He's going to be much better back this season.... we'll see Henry/Drake spiliting time and all three traits as a running back, that leads me to thnk we'll see more emphasis on running games than ever as before.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
He fumbled in the first closed scrimmage this year on the first hard hit he took according to several who were there...

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
Coach Saban said both Yeldon and Drake had big springs. With all the talk about starting over and doing the things it takes to be a champion, I'll put Yeldon in that category. He puts the fumbling behind him and goes on to have a monster 2014 season.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
To me any three of the RBs can get the job done. Yeldon is most well rounded but not great at one thing. Drake has the best speed and quickness. DH, in the little we have seen him, seems to have the best size to speed ratio. Its about who makes the fewest mistakes fumbling and pass protection etc. All 3 are ridiculously talented.

TouchThatThang

All-SEC
Feb 8, 2014
That wasn't the case at A&M this year. He just ran straight into a tackle and he had failed to secure the ball before being hit.

The problem with fumblitis is it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy, as defensive players are coached to try and rip the ball out of certain opponents' hands.
I hope TJ really makes this a point of emphasis this year and has 0 fumbles in 20014/15. His record on that score, if past trends continue, will cost him dearly a year from now.
Here, I think, is the standard:
Cost him dearly? It could cost us​ dearly.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
To me any three of the RBs can get the job done. Yeldon is most well rounded but not great at one thing. Drake has the best speed and quickness. DH, in the little we have seen him, seems to have the best size to speed ratio. Its about who makes the fewest mistakes fumbling and pass protection etc. All 3 are ridiculously talented.
Henry's a very rare talent who has the ability to dominate--Heisman capability. TJ is a very good running back. Kenyon is good, and could be really good, if he gets that head on straight.
sip

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Running back position is really the least of our worries. Oline is my biggest concern right now.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Running back position is really the least of our worries. Oline is my biggest concern right now.
Well, from watching Henry in the Oklahoma game, his only real chance, I think he can make a pretty weak offensive line look good.
There's no telling what he can do behind a good or better one. He's an incredible talent.
Is that not obvious, or am I missing something?
Let's put it this way--4th and a foot against Auburn, he's gonna get the foot, no matter how the line blocks. All he has to do is fall forward, and he's not gonna get knocked backwards.
sip

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Well, from watching Henry in the Oklahoma game, his only real chance, I think he can make a pretty weak offensive line look good.
There's no telling what he can do behind a good or better one. He's an incredible talent.
Let's put it this way--4th and a foot against Auburn, he's gonna get the foot, no matter how the line blocks. All he has to do is fall forward, and he's not gonna get knocked backwards.
sip
Did you quote the wrong post. I said nothing about DH not being talented. I said the opposite. We have an embarrassment of riches at RB and they can all get the job done. I said I'm more concerned about the Oline coming together both run blocking and pass blocking. DH or anybody else will not run wild through the SEC without terrific oline play.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Did you quote the wrong post. I said nothing about DH not being talented. I said the opposite. We have an embarrassment of riches at RB and they can all get the job done. I said I'm more concerned about the Oline coming together both run blocking and pass blocking. DH or anybody else will not run wild through the SEC without terrific oline play.
I'll agree with that...but when you say, "Any of the three", I think you're placing Henry in the same talent category with the other two.
He's much much more talented. That's not saying TJ and Kenyon aren't very talented as well. I think TJ is probably a second or third round pick, which is high for a running back now. Kenyan, it's up to him.
But Henry is really something special and I think we need to use him way more than we did last year.
sip

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Yup..As much as it pains me to type, Henry will go Pro, as soon as he's eligible to do so, so we had better use him as much as we possibly can while we're able to..I agree we should have used Henry more than we did last year..I know he wasn't as experienced as the other RB's, but, the more carries he gets, the more experience he will get, and I honestly think our offense will be a better offense as well giving Henry more carries..
I'll agree with that...but when you say, "Any of the three", I think you're placing Henry in the same talent category with the other two.
He's much much more talented. That's not saying TJ and Kenyon aren't very talented as well. I think TJ is probably a second or third round pick, which is high for a running back now. Kenyan, it's up to him.
But Henry is really something special and I think we need to use him way more than we did last year.
sip

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Yup..As much as it pains me to type, Henry will go Pro, as soon as he's eligible to do so, so we had better use him as much as we possibly can while we're able to..I agree we should have used Henry more than we did last year..I know he wasn't as experienced as the other RB's, but, the more carries he gets, the more experience he will get, and I honestly think our offense will be a better offense as well giving Henry more carries..
That's just pretty obvious to me too. sip

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia
Excited about the possibility of getting the backs more involved in the passing game. Get either of them in the open field and look out.

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture
sip

this is the perfect response. The great, rare breed of RB's like a DH have that ability to get yards on their own. not saying we should have to depend on that but it is what it is. If Henry started and got the majority of the carries against Aubren the game probably would have turned out different. a lot of 7-10 yard runs for most RB's would turn into 30-50 yard runs for a guy like DH.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.