Memorial Day

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
My cousin, 6 months older than I, died in Vietnam 45 years ago. He tried to save a wounded comrade and was shot carrying him back to a bunker. Just for the record: I HATE WAR -- IT IS AN INCREDIBLY STUPID WAY TO SETTLE DIFFERENCES. That being off my chest, thanks to all those who have paid the ultimate price for our liberty. We owe you respect and our vigilance to build a free and just nation.

IGetBuckets

Suspended
Jan 13, 2014
My cousin, 6 months older than I, died in Vietnam 45 years ago. He tried to save a wounded comrade and was shot carrying him back to a bunker. Just for the record: I HATE WAR -- IT IS AN INCREDIBLY STUPID WAY TO SETTLE DIFFERENCES. That being off my chest, thanks to all those who have paid the ultimate price for our liberty. We owe you respect and our vigilance to build a free and just nation.
Sad to say, but sometimes there is no alternative

IGetBuckets

Suspended
Jan 13, 2014
Sad to say, but I agree...
Did his comrade survive? No matter, it still does not diminish the courage and sacrifice. I never served, but consider myself a strong and brave man. Nevertheless, I sometimes think how I would react in such a situation.

I hope, but doubt, to my shame, I would havebeen as valiant as your Cousin, God Bless Him.

"Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends."

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
Did his comrade survive? No matter, it still does not diminish the courage and sacrifice. I never served, but consider myself a strong and brave man. Nevertheless, I sometimes think how I would react in such a situation.

I hope, but doubt, to my shame, I would have been as valiant as your Cousin, God Bless Him.

"Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends."
I don't know...only found out the particulars a couple of years ago from his sister. We never know what we will do under fire of any kind...but we hope and trust that our training will take over and allow us to perform to the best of our abilities. Thanks for your kind words...and yes, laying down our life for our friends is the ultimate love...

alabama mike1

All-American
Jul 12, 2013
Ohio
Americans owe a huge debt to our military men and women who gave the ultimate sacrifice to make us the greatest country in the world. Freedom is not free and it comes with a huge price, especially to every mom, dad, husband, wife, sister or brother. May God continue to bless America with men and woman willing to make that sacrifice every time they go out.

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.
Probably your cousin was a Marine. War is never good and sad to say but we have to make war so bad and bloody that no one will ever want to fight another war.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Americans owe a huge debt to our military men and women who gave the ultimate sacrifice to make us the greatest country in the world. Freedom is not free and it comes with a huge price, especially to every mom, dad, husband, wife, sister or brother. May God continue to bless America with men and woman willing to make that sacrifice every time they go out.
I could not have said it better.

BigBama76

Suspended
Oct 26, 2011
Atlanta, GA
I missed going to Vietnam by the skin of my teeth. My dad served under Patton in Sicily and France, then under MacArthur in Korea. He loved Patton but did not like MacArthur. I guess because he served in two wars he was definitely not a fan of war. For those of us who have never served I don't think we understand the sacrifice they make for our freedoms. I know of the two wars Korea seemed to take the biggest toll. It was the one he was the least willing to talk about.

Perrett4Bama

All-American
Aug 28, 2001
Panama City, Florida
Thank you all for your service........I have been up since 6am watching WWII footage on tv. I think EVERY shool in America should have a REQUIRED class that shows this footage to our children. I make mine watch it because I want them to understand the sacrifices of these great Americans, both past and present....May we NEVER forget them.........GOD BLESS AMERICA.....:pDT_Armataz_35:

AgentAntiOrange

1st Team
Dec 30, 2009
Norman, OK
I hope, but doubt, to my shame, I would have been as valiant as your Cousin, God Bless Him.

The US Armed Forces doesn't just go around and look to recruit brave men & women with character and integrity. It builds them. You would've been fine.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.