We Want Bama and They Got More Than They Wanted...

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Re: We Want Bama

Oh, but Oregon is the real deal. You don't win the PAC in softball with smoke and mirrors. They won 2 of 3 at Arizona, outscoring the Cats 29-17. Bama lost 2 of 2 at Arizona, scoring nothing. Lost 3-0 and 8-0.
That was 3 or 4 months ago with a young team going on a long road trip into a hostile enviroment. I don't know if we can beat Oregon but I don't think you can use the Arizona results as a totally accurate comparison.

Lost in TN

1st Team
Sep 20, 2009
Collierville, TN

I have really enjoyed watching the Women's Softball this year. Humble suggestion to all the fans who only watch Football and Basketball, give this and the Men's Golf a look. If you are really a sports fan, you will really enjoy the product.

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA

I have really enjoyed watching the Women's Softball this year. Humble suggestion to all the fans who only watch Football and Basketball, give this and the Men's Golf a look. If you are really a sports fan, you will really enjoy the product.
With only the Rockies on TV up here in CO, I have to admit, I've broken down and watched some Bama softball. The ladies have played well and I realized this sport is more of a chess match than I would have thought otherwise.

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
I would add the lady gymnastics team to this list. They are winners and are in the hunt every year.

dadleyblane5

All-SEC
Apr 19, 2011
DeFuniak Springs Fl.

In a way, I think when you see or hear "We want Bama" that it's good for our recruiting in all our sports. I mean young adults hear this also. And, I wonder if psychologically it sticks in their brain and if they think "Well if everybody wants Bama, they must have a really great program, or the best program for me to succeed." Don't think it doesn't, because I think it does. Are people who say this "We want Bama" really thinking about what their actually subconciously putting into the minds of recruits? I mean really is a recruit saying to himself "Wow, Bama must be top of the line for chances at NC's", I oughta go there."As for me, I think it's great everyone wants to play us in anything, because when you have that many wanting to beat you at anything, it just means you are King of the mountain and a great thrill of victory and accomplishment would come from our defeat to them......Justa thought.

TiderMan

All-SEC
Feb 5, 2005
Moody, AL.

All the OU coach says was the following:

"We're a better team than that," Oklahoma coach Patty Gasso said. "I think myself and the entire team is disappointed with our offensive approach tonight. I guess the best way to say it is we were playing defense on offense. We're better than that."

I think we are reading too much into it by saying sour grapes, grammar mistakes, etc. Stop trying to make something out of nothing.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
This is becoming a popular chant. Oklahoma's softball fans began chanting it(loudly) as soon as they beat Tenn. today. It's kind of catchy, and flattering. I realize they play Bama first in the College World Series(and they of course beat Bama in football). You didn't hear Bama fans chanting we want Sooners. It began with football last year(Fl.St. and others), and now is spreading to the other sports. Well at least softball. As the warden in Cool Hand Luke said; They want, well then, they get it.
Sooners have been extremely luck against us...
It's time to knock the wheels off their 'Wagon'.
WE OWE THEM SEVERAL.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas

I think we are reading too much into it by saying sour grapes, grammar mistakes, etc. Stop trying to make something out of nothing.
I guess you are not familiar with they way we beat them, in '12. Yes, they remember, and were out to avenge it. Just didn't turn out their way.

They'll get over it.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
This is becoming a popular chant. Oklahoma's softball fans began chanting it(loudly) as soon as they beat Tenn. today. It's kind of catchy, and flattering. I realize they play Bama first in the College World Series(and they of course beat Bama in football). You didn't hear Bama fans chanting we want Sooners. It began with football last year(Fl.St. and others), and now is spreading to the other sports. Well at least softball. As the warden in Cool Hand Luke said; They want, well then, they get it.

So what are they saying today after the Tide Softball Team smushed them 6-2 with the J-Train being dominant allowing only 2 hits I believe?

TommyMac

Hall of Fame
Apr 24, 2001
Mobile, Alabama

Well, I guess the whole state of Oklahoma is PO at us now. First golf and now softball. We gotta get the football laddies to join in now.

BTW, the other day after OSU eliminated Stanford in golf, I kinda got the impression that OSU was still butt hurt over us getting in the BCSNCG over them in 2011. You know, when they snatched defeat from the jaws of victory against lightly regarded Iowa State. They like to claim it was only because they were in mourning over losing some folks in that plane crash a few days earlier, but they always fail to mention that they blew like a 3 TD lead in that game. Did their mourning only set in in the 2nd half? :rolleyes:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.