My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

DE / Jack LB James Lockhart Commits to Texas A&M

Lockhart visited Tuscaloosa this week for the DL/OL camp. Prior the visit, he announced his final two were Texas A&M and Alabama. Many expected TAMU to get him since he's from Texas. That might not be the case now.

247 Profile

Update from his visit

Lockhart is listed at 6-foot-3 and 260 pounds. He said Saban sees him as a JACK linebacker, but he could move around to several positions depending on if he gains or loses weight.

"If I was to get bigger, they could move me to defensive end," Lockhart said. "Coach Kirby Smart and Coach (Billy) Napier, my recruiting coach, said I could play middle linebacker.

"My coach thinks the JACK position is for me but he thinks I could be a really outstanding middle linebacker as well. What they told me is that they think I'm a very versatile player and that my weight and my size is flexible and they could use me where they wanted me to."

Lockhart said he was going to visit Texas A&M early this week, but is in the process of reaching Texas A&M coaches. Texas A&M got a commitment from linebacker/defensive end Landis Durham on Sunday.

"I see they got a commitment from a defensive end and I think he's in my grade," Lockhart said. "I know they were telling me that they might fill up early and they had a spot left. I'm going to have to get back with them. I think they may have filled up and I think I'm going to probably end up going to Alabama.

"Right now, I'm weighing out my options. I'm trying to stay in touch with A&M to see what's the deal there."
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame

Re: 4* DE/Jack LB James Lockhart Updates

I thought the visit was him being respectful to our staff because he seemed like a lock to a&m. I still think a&m is the favorite, but we definitely made up a lot of ground.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Lockhart announces he'll commit on August 1. Link
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

(In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    Lockhart announces he'll commit on August 1. Link
    Yep. Seems to be us or A&M; I think the crystal ball has changed some on 247 to tilting in our way a bit.

BamaNation All-American

From the quotes, it sounds like his heart is in College Station, but the best offer may be from us.

As much as I hope we land him, I'd be surprised if he ends up in Tuscaloosa, unless aTm has squandered a big emotional advantage. Even if he does commit to us because aTm is out of room, it sounds like there'd be a good chance of a flip if a spot opened in the Ags' class.

If he commits to aTm on August 1, I think it's over. If he commits to us, it's far from over.
    Undefeated World Champion Threadkiller

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by 4Q Basket Case View Post
    From the quotes, it sounds like his heart is in College Station, but the best offer may be from us.

As much as I hope we land him, I'd be surprised if he ends up in Tuscaloosa, unless aTm has squandered a big emotional advantage. Even if he does commit to us because aTm is out of room, it sounds like there'd be a good chance of a flip if a spot opened in the Ags' class.

If he commits to aTm on August 1, I think it's over. If he commits to us, it's far from over.
    Same. I think it's tough to pull him away. I don't think we are the front runner or even ahead, I think we made it a tougher battle for a&m with his last visit. I'd be worried about a flip too because like you say, I think his heart is pulling to the Aggies, but head is conflicted or favoring us.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Committed to A&M today.
    Coach Bryant

BamaNation All-American

Probably for the best for us. If he had committed to us, we'd have to spend lots of time and effort trying to keep him from flipping, and probably wouldn't have been successful anyway.

I wish Lockhart had wanted to be in Tuscaloosa. But since his heart was always in College Station, I'm glad he got the aTm offer. Here's wishing Lockhart the best of luck 364 days out of the year.
    Undefeated World Champion Threadkiller

BamaNation First Team gtowntide's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

You knew they were going to save a space for him. He really liked Bama but the only way he'd come is if TAM turned him down. Seems like a good young man. Good luck in 11 games.