*** TE Hale Hentges Commits to Alabama ***

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
Re: ***Hale Hentges Commits to Alabama***

I love seeing us get a big, physical type TE. We haven't really utilized a TE properly since '09 with Peak. Hopefully this year we'll really ride Howard and set up the offense of the future to include Hale. Welcome aboard to him, this is one exciting pickup!!
This is the most complete TE we've had since Peak. IOW, it won't be "hey Hentges is in the game, so we know he won't be catching a pass"

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama

This is the most complete TE we've had since Peak. IOW, it won't be "hey Hentges is in the game, so we know he won't be catching a pass"
I truly miss a TE like Peek. I thought he was highly underrated. I truly think he was one of the biggest reasons McElroy was so successful. I think Howard and this kid can be one nasty combo.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

I truly miss a TE like Peek. I thought he was highly underrated. I truly think he was one of the biggest reasons McElroy was so successful. I think Howard and this kid can be one nasty combo.
There is a decent argument to be made that Peek's 2009 season was as good of any all-around tight end performance as we've had at Alabama since the days of Howard Cross. Problem was he was just a one-year kid, and he was overshadowed by a lot of bigger names at the skill positions (Julio, Ingram, Richardson, etc.).

Hopefully Hentges gives us a bit more versatility like Peed did in 2009. Vogler has generally been a solid player, but he hasn't evolved into the receiving option that many hoped he would. Hentges looks to be a bit better athlete, though, so hopefully he can do what Vogler does in the run game while giving us more of a true threat in the passing game.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama

There is a decent argument to be made that Peek's 2009 season was as good of any all-around tight end performance as we've had at Alabama since the days of Howard Cross. Problem was he was just a one-year kid, and he was overshadowed by a lot of bigger names at the skill positions (Julio, Ingram, Richardson, etc.).

Hopefully Hentges gives us a bit more versatility like Peed did in 2009. Vogler has generally been a solid player, but he hasn't evolved into the receiving option that many hoped he would. Hentges looks to be a bit better athlete, though, so hopefully he can do what Vogler does in the run game while giving us more of a true threat in the passing game.
Yep I agree on all of it. People bring up all those players you mentioned and rightfully so, but I just think Peek opened all that up because he was such a threat catching the ball and was a good blocker to boot. I was one as well that thought Vogler would be that threat as well but as you said he is non-existant in the passing game. Hopefully that will change with Kiffin but who knows. Hentges definitely has all the tools needed, so lets hope he lives up to it because it would be a pretty sight!

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Going to be in Tuscaloosa in a couple of days for an unofficial visit. Certainly seems like a very solid commitment at this point.

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com
somehow I missed this guy's committment but added him to my list. It's a bit weird that he's a three star player because his offer list is massive. Clearly the coaches around the country like this guy better than the ratings services. Any chance this guy get in here January? With Vogler gone he could play immediately.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.