The World Wars

CrimsonPride25

1st Team
Jul 25, 2012
Mobile, Al
Anyone catch the show on History Channel last night? I believe it is a three part series. The premiere last night was excellent. It laid out the timeline pre WWI and during by highlighting leaders from each major power (Patton, McArthur, Churchill, Wilson, Hitler, Mussolini and Lenin/Stalin).

Definitely would recommend it to any other history buffs out there.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
If there was an agenda I missed it. I thought very well done and historically accurate. I was not aware that a British Private had Hitler in his sights and let him go. What a difference that mistake created.

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009
I caught parts of it. I thought it was very well done. With my limited knowledge I didn't catch any inaccuracies or agendas either. The segments about Stalin and Lenin were very interesting.

G-VilleTider

Suspended
Aug 17, 2006
If there was an agenda I missed it. I thought very well done and historically accurate. I was not aware that a British Private had Hitler in his sights and let him go. What a difference that mistake created.
An American sniper had Bin Laden in his sights around 04 but was denied clearance to shoot because the sniper was in Afghanistan while Bin Laden was across the border in our "ally" Pakistan.

GreatMarch

All-SEC
Dec 10, 2010
Birmingham, AL
An American sniper had Bin Laden in his sights around 04 but was denied clearance to shoot because the sniper was in Afghanistan while Bin Laden was across the border in our "ally" Pakistan.
I thought the denial had more to do with the Kuwati prince that was with Bin Laden than where they were located. ?

I watched last night's episode and the series ties in both World Wars and how they were linked along with detailing how certain individuals were affected and molded by each conflict. I did not notice any agenda but I have always wondered about the truth behind the British gunman's sight on Hitler. I also thought they only detailed Churchill's enlistment into the British Army after his failed amphib plan but I thought Churchill had earlier served as a British officer at the turn of the century and there was no mention of that service. All in all, the series seems pretty accurate after one episode.

C Earl

1st Team
Aug 17, 2005
Cahaba Heights
I'm wondering about the validity of this one. Who verified this and how? Makes for an interesting what if scenario.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Anyone catch the show on History Channel last night? I believe it is a three part series. The premiere last night was excellent. It laid out the timeline pre WWI and during by highlighting leaders from each major power (Patton, McArthur, Churchill, Wilson, Hitler, Mussolini and Lenin/Stalin).

Definitely would recommend it to any other history buffs out there.
What time does it come on? I missed it also. Having two older brothers fighting, I've always been intensely interested. Even though I was very young, it forms some of my more vivid memories...

CrimsonPride25

1st Team
Jul 25, 2012
Mobile, Al
What time does it come on? I missed it also. Having two older brothers fighting, I've always been intensely interested. Even though I was very young, it forms some of my more vivid memories...
You can go on History Channels website and watch the full first one. Episode 2 is tonight at 8 central and the 3rd and final one is Wednesday at 8 as well.

Think tonight's will highlight Stalin a bit more which I am pretty intrigued by.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
You can go on History Channels website and watch the full first one. Episode 2 is tonight at 8 central and the 3rd and final one is Wednesday at 8 as well.

Think tonight's will highlight Stalin a bit more which I am pretty intrigued by.
Thanks. I got a conflict tomorrow, but the recorder will go on. Somehow, I avoided knowing about the Tandey/Hitler episode. I do know that Hitler regarded the British as misguided Teutons. (Recent genetic studies have shown that the Brits are in reality about 90% Celtic. IOW, all the "accepted" history about Celts being driven into the corners of Scotland, Ireland, Wales and Cornwall is a pile of BS. The Celts never went anywhere...)

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Wonder how many people know that Hitler first applied for membership in the Communist Party - before he started his own - and was rejected...

mrusso

1st Team
Apr 17, 2006
Part II repeats again at 10 tonite. Part I comes on after that. Set you recorders if you missed one or both.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
How crazy is it to think that if only Hitler had gotten into art school maybe he wouldn't have become such a monster.
He never drew a single person. His drawings were always of buildings and streets devoid of humans. I found Albert Speer's (Hitler's architect) fascinating. Of course, it's an apology in large part...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.