BOL Report: Alabama QB Parker McLeod Transferring

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Haven't seen this confirmed yet by either the traditional media or McLeod, but BOL is reporting that he will transfer:

Redshirt freshman quarterback Parker McLeod will transfer from Alabama, sources close to the situation tell BamaOnline. McLeod ... has yet to determine his landing spot.
We'll see if this turns out to be true, but if it does then it won't come as a real surprise. Cooper Bateman's solid spring mixed with the arrival of Cornwell and the unexpected (at least to 2013 signees) transfer of Coker really put McLeod as a longshot for playing time in the reasonably near future.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Not suprised. Back in spring, it was rumored that he would be the one to transfer. Don't be suprised if Alec Morris transferred too.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Need probably one more to transfer to get our QB #s back where they need to be. Unheard of to have 6 or more QBs on scholarship.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Gotta feel for the kid, or anyone in a similar situation. I mean, he came to UA to play and obviously thought he was capable, or he never would have signed.
To finally see that he had pretty much no chance to ever see the field had to be a pretty big downer of a realization.
I wish him the best.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
To remind everyone, Parker was offered in that period between Alabama missing out on Winston, Phillip Sims transferring, and prior to Bateman committing and Del Rio coming to Alabama. There was a real possibility AJ was going to leave early as well, and all Alabama had was Blake, Ely, and Morris.

When Del Rio said he was coming to Alabama, I really expected McLeod to look elsewhere, because despite walking on, Del Rio was rated higher than McLeod to begin with. His transferring is no surprise, and was expected. It's probably best for both parties.

Not suprised. Back in spring, it was rumored that he would be the one to transfer. Don't be suprised if Alec Morris transferred too.
I was a bit surprised, and frankly annoyed by Morris stubbornly sticking around (like Parker did for a little while). For instance, Alabama didn't have a scholarship free to offer Del Rio, and he left... From how I heard it explained, Morris doesn't expect to start elsewhere at the D1 level, so it seems like he's digging in. At this point, I can't really say it's a bad idea though, Alabama has had good luck in terms of injuries at QB lately, but that might not last. Having him around, can provide some veteran depth, and the whole backup punter as well as being the holder thing helps insure he holds some other value as well.

Remember, Alabama doesn't have a QB committed at the moment, and Blake Sims will graduate (and Coker could leave early). At this moment, the guys we could count on being there next year might be Bateman, Morris, and Cornwell. So, I don't really see his being there as any sort of an issue.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
I don't blame Morris, I would stick around too. Why not learn from the best coach in the game, possibly punt some, and then go get you a coaching job after school? I'm sure with those credentials he could go coach h.s. ball in Texas and be pretty dang successful. He earned his scholarship and as long as he keeps up his grades to keep it I see nothing wrong with it.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
When asked about this at SEC meetings in Destin, Saban said he's given Parker the opportunity to look around at places.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I may be wrong on this statement and if so I apologize in advance, but I recall at some point reading that McLeod's signing with Alabama had something to do with getting Tyren Jones to Alabama as they both played for Walton County HS Marietta, GA.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I may be wrong on this statement and if so I apologize in advance, but I recall at some point reading that McLeod's signing with Alabama had something to do with getting Tyren Jones to Alabama as they both played for Walton County HS Marietta, GA.
Maybe but I doubt it. Saban usually doesn't do package deals.

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
I don't believe that. As for Parker, good luck at your future school and with your new team.

BamaMark.

1st Team
Jun 21, 2012
To remind everyone, Parker was offered in that period between Alabama missing out on Winston, Phillip Sims transferring, and prior to Bateman committing and Del Rio coming to Alabama. There was a real possibility AJ was going to leave early as well, and all Alabama had was Blake, Ely, and Morris.

When Del Rio said he was coming to Alabama, I really expected McLeod to look elsewhere, because despite walking on, Del Rio was rated higher than McLeod to begin with. His transferring is no surprise, and was expected. It's probably best for both parties.

I was a bit surprised, and frankly annoyed by Morris stubbornly sticking around (like Parker did for a little while). For instance, Alabama didn't have a scholarship free to offer Del Rio, and he left... From how I heard it explained, Morris doesn't expect to start elsewhere at the D1 level, so it seems like he's digging in. At this point, I can't really say it's a bad idea though, Alabama has had good luck in terms of injuries at QB lately, but that might not last. Having him around, can provide some veteran depth, and the whole backup punter as well as being the holder thing helps insure he holds some other value as well.

Remember, Alabama doesn't have a QB committed at the moment, and Blake Sims will graduate (and Coker could leave early). At this moment, the guys we could count on being there next year might be Bateman, Morris, and Cornwell. So, I don't really see his being there as any sort of an issue.
This kid was RECRUITED to come to Bama and you're annoyed he hasn't packed his bags and left??? I respect the hell out of him for sticking around and trying to help the team any way he can. Had I been given the opportunity to be offered a scholarship to Bama they would have to run me off to get me to leave. I mean really...

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
This kid was RECRUITED to come to Bama and you're annoyed he hasn't packed his bags and left??? I respect the hell out of him for sticking around and trying to help the team any way he can. Had I been given the opportunity to be offered a scholarship to Bama they would have to run me off to get me to leave. I mean really...
Consider who you were quoting. Grain of salt.

alwayshavebeen

All-SEC
Sep 22, 2013
North Carolina
Not surprised by any of these guys transferring due to "appearance" we are heavy at QB, but my question is are we really? Not a soul on the roster that has had any experience to amount to anything...lots of potential...but no proven abilities.
I hope, and fully believe, Coker will be what we expect...if not then the only transfer thus far that really concerns me is Luke Del Rio.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.